The Bragg Family Blog

The Bragg Family Blog

Monday, April 9, 2012

She's in Heaven

Last Thursday afternoon, our family lost a very special lady.

My Aunt Bertice, who is my great aunt on my mother's side, fell last Thursday morning in her kitchen.  She sustained facial injuries and her body was unable to recover due to the blood loss.  

Her last fight on this earth was overcome with victory as she entered the pearly gates and is now walking the streets of gold.  Not only did she gain her angel wings as she entered Heaven, but she also rejoined her sweet husband, Uncle Jay... and as the preacher at her funeral said... "what a beautiful reunion that must have been."  

This tragic accident, along with her unexpected death, has made us so very sad, and it still seems unreal.  However, for the past twenty years she has lived on this earth waiting for the day she would once again walk hand-in-hand with her husband.  We know she is there with Uncle Jay, and we know that is what she wanted.  She is now whole, happy, and peaceful. 

The thought of them together makes my heart smile so big!

I've gone through my pictures and here are a few that I found... She was as lovely on the inside as she was on the outside.  And if only you could have heard her sweet voice.  
I will never forget her voice.






These two are from her birthday party this past August.  
She was 84 years old young... still going strong!
Isn't she lovely?



She will be missed.  Her absence has left a void for my mother's family.  I consider it a blessing that we have found comfort in the belief of everlasting life and knowing that she's in Heaven.

Aunt Bertice... 
 Thank you for loving us.  Thank you for your daily walk in the Lord.  You were a teacher for Him and lived a great life serving Him.
We are so proud to call you our's.
Until we meet again... know that you and Uncle Jay will always be in our hearts.
I love you, Aunt Bertice.

2 comments:

  1. So so so sorry for your loss Selena. From the pictures you posted, I can definitely tell that she was a sweet lady! How wonderful for her and your Uncle Jay! Our thoughts are with you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im so sorry...i forgot you were related to her!! Ed and I didn't know that she had passed until it was too late ~~ but we both really loved Ms. Berti! She was such as special lady and very loving! We both said the same thing that you just wrote about ..which she was ready to see her hubby again! She always talked about him with such a glow in her eye!! Losing a loved one is never easy..but it makes it so much better knowing they were ready..and where they were going! Still praying for your family!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment... I love hearing from you!