It seems as though we've celebrated Easter for like a month.
Not really, but we definitely celebrated for a full week!
It all began last Sunday as my mother hosted an egg hunt for the employees' families at the hospital where she works. There were approximately fifty children in attendance, the weather was perfect, and the kids had a ball!
This was officially Emmitt's first hunt, and you would have thought it was his hundredth. He knew exactly what to do. {I took like fifty pictures, so I "collaged" them to keep from boring you with this excited mama's photography... you can click on the collage for an up-close view, if you wish.} :)
-Emmitt's Egg Hunt-
-Lawson's Egg Hunt-
Lawson's age group struggled to find the "Golden Egg". After all of the colored/decorative eggs were found, they had to go back and find the golden egg... With much dissappointment on his part, he didn't find the golden egg, which meant he didn't get to take home the child-size Corn Hole game. Do not despair... the Easter Bunny came through with a golden egg and a surprise!
And lastly, here are their baskets full of eggs.
Lawson found 26 eggs.
Emmitt found 23 eggs.
They are at such a fun age. I can't believe we are finally able to do things like this. Although it was just an Easter Egg hunt, I was so proud of them as they were hunting. :) It was as if they were at the Olympics or something! Ha! I tend to be very competitive... I had to really work to keep from sharing that characteristic on Lawson as I prepared him for the hunt. "It's just for fun, Lawson... this is not a race, and if you don't find the golden egg, it's ok." That was hard for me. I have lots to work on as they become more involved, don't I? :)
It was a fun afternoon! Good job, Mom... everyone seemed to have a hoppy time! :)
MORE EASTER TO COME!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for the comment... I love hearing from you!