The Bragg Family Blog

The Bragg Family Blog

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Rodeo 2012

This past weekend, we took full advantage of UTM's 44th Annual Rodeo.  We attended both Friday and Saturday night, and our boys had a ball!

I took lots of pictures, so here they go...

I love this picture!
On our way to the Ag Pavilion... two excited little boys!


Yes, Emmitt's blue jeans are too short.
Past Winter's jeans on this Spring's legs... he's a growing boy and that's all I had.


=Rodeo Clown=

This is Natalie.
She is a special girl.
You see, for two years, I baby-sat her and her older sister, Carmen.
Like every day, Monday-Friday, every week of the year.
I have so many great memories, and I tell you what, never would I have dreamed that Natalie would have been participating in a rodeo!

She does "break away roping" and "runs barrels", if you know what that means.


Natalie participated in the Grand Entry and it was so pretty with the flags and music.
I was SO proud of her!  And I will always love her, too.


We couldn't believe how much the boys enjoyed it.  Neither of them hardly moved a muscle.  They were so focused on what was going on; they loved it!




My best friend's little boy, Rhett, was sitting behind us on Saturday night.
Isn't he a handsome boy?  I love these pictures.


Not a snow cone, but some kind of icy mess. :)


The Sinclair's joined us on Saturday night.
Benjamin and his wife, Leslie, have two children, Mary Kate and Grant, and are expecting twins next month!
Here is Grant... he's handsome, too, isn't he? :)


=Me and Emmitt with Russ and Lawson in the back ground=


Nana also joined us on Saturday night...



I had my "fast flash" on and captured this steer roping event unfold for this UTM Rodeo Cowboy.
If you look closely, you can see each step of the roping...  the first one is kind of sad to me with the steer in mid-air, but is neat action all at the same time.


A few random pictures... I mean, sweet random pictures!





There were tractors on display outside the Ag Pavilion, and by all means, we had to take them for a test drive!






=Lawson=

One of the Rodeo Clowns showed up for a quick visit... he was such a nice clown!



Friday night's Grand Opening was beautiful.  The cowboys and cowgirls were carrying pink ribbon flags in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness.  The music was pretty.  It was lovely.  


A few more action shots... I don't like the bucking broncos nor the bucking bulls not one little bit.  I cover my eyes for almost the entire event.  The boys loved it, and were riding the arms of the couches like a bull up until we forced them to go to bed tonight.  I suppose that is a boy thing.  I think I will encourage baseball or basketball... I suppose that's a mama thing. :)


=Steer Wrestling=

=Team Roping=
Go UTM!


I love this shot, too!


And the poor little goat.  Here is a picture of a girl tying a goat.
Emmitt cried and asked to "go" at this point of the night. :(


And lastly, Lawson showing you his new UTM Rodeo shirt!
This was the smallest size they had.  Maybe next year, Little Brother.


And we finally made it home around 10:15.  He was wiped out.  
Rodeos are hard on little cowboys.
I will post some of their " arm of the couch bull riding" pictures soon.


Thanks for reading, happy Friday, and have a good weekend!

4 comments:

  1. These photos are great. And I miss th UTM Rodeo. Thanks for sharing a piece of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Maybe y'all will be able to be back in the future... I bet C would enjoy it, too! Hope all is well... by the way, we settled on Hanstone counter tops and LG something another for the baths. We really like them and can't wait for them to be installed... thanks for your advice, and Jackson Counter Solutions was SO nice and helpful!

      Delete
  2. HOW FUNNN!!!! It looks like they were totally in their element....you guys look great! (Though, I think we need a few more pics of you with your hair down....I wanna see how much it's grown!!!) :-) Miss you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rachele! I will work on a hair-down-shot for you very soon! :) I think I lack ~3 inches +/- a bit. And we so miss y'all, too! Thanks for the sweet email; I will be back with you tomorrow or Sunday. Tell Johnny hello and hugs to Miss M... or Miss Beautiful, if you will! :)

      Delete

Thanks for the comment... I love hearing from you!