When we arrived home from TN this afternoon, the boys' laundry baskets were sitting in the foyer and Lawson suddenly found them quite entertaining!
He began by "shooting baskets" with the tennis ball and given the size of the ball vs. the basket, he was very successful in making the shots, and he was so proud! Next he stacked them as seen below...
And then came the blocks... he slowly dropped them in one by one until he emptied his block box... he was having so much fun!
Next, we ALL stirred the "block soup"... :)
And we scooped the block soup which was made up of chicken, pasta, peas, beans, potatoes, and tomatoes.
Lawson became very good at this scooping block soup business...
And Lawson was entertained with this for 45 minutes, at least! At times, it seems as though the little things are much more enjoyable for them... this afternoon, it was blocks, laundry baskets, a ladle, a french fry scoop, and a wooden spoon!
And in addition to laundry basket fun, I had to post this sweet picture... I bought two beverage tubs on clearance at Target last week. Russ brought them in from the van and Lawson began playing/sittimg in them. Russ was playing with him and talking to him when he picked Lawson and the tub up and began swinging him back and forth... and you can imagine what the continual request was for the next 30 minutes... again, again, again!
He was loving it!
Isn't this the BEST age?!!! I love all the make-believe, and I'm assuming Lawson is starting to entertain himself more now too. It's really a ton of fun to watch and listen to them isn't it?! Yes, the simplest things provide some of the best entertainment...that's the way life should be! (I could probably learn a lesson from that now that I think about it! hmmm...;))
ReplyDelete