The Bragg Family Blog

The Bragg Family Blog

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Emmitt's First Day

It was a big day for Mr. Emmitt.

Today was his first day at school.

Next week, I will return to school to begin preparing my classroom for my new students and the new school year. As we did with Lawson, we decided to take him for a few days prior to the "necessary" time for him to be at school.

So, today was the big day! It was a rough start to the day, to be honest, but we got there with everything, but... diapers! :) Yes, I took Emmitt to school without diapers. As I said, things were hectic and I walked right out and forgot them. I am very thankful that Mandy knows us very well or I am certain she would think this poor baby had a terrible mother. I ran them back over and got to see how he was doing... and as I expected, he was receiving love and doing very well.


Here are Lawson and Emmitt ready to go school "together".
Caused lots of mixed emotions.





Here is Emmitt with Ms. Stephanie, one of his teachers. She was very sweet to him and me today; I can tell Emmitt really likes her!


And here is our Mandy holding Emmitt... she will be moving up to the Toddler Room on Friday and I wanted to be sure that Emmitt got some lovin' from her so that is another reason he went this week. :)

He also has a few other teachers who weren't there and/or available when I was taking pictures.
When I arrived to pick them up this afternoon, he was fussy as he had only slept 1 hour and 40 minutes the entire day! I am sure the change of scenery, new noises and new people, had something to do with that. He made up for his missed sleep tonight and I am hoping he will remain in a peaceful slumber throughout the night.
His daily report was good and the cutest part of his day is that he painted today!!! Yes, he painted a lion with his feet. :) I will post a picture of his first piece of art when we bring it home... the school days for Emmitt have begun.
Signing off with a thankful heart for their loving teachers, and with mixed emotions that Emmitt is officially a little school boy.

2 comments:

  1. selena-
    i hope it is easier the second time around (i am assuming it is NOT). hope you had a good day and maybe had a couple of hours of quiet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Courtney-
    I CAN say that it was easier simply because I trust the caregivers and know what to expect, but it did pull at my heart strings simply because it is going so quickly. He is 13 weeks old today so knowing that it is another step in him "growing up" is the hard part. :)
    And yes, I have accomplished a few things over the past two days! Off to get them now... take care! SB

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment... I love hearing from you!