I am sooooo paying for my raising!!!!!!!!!! We are now boppy free and with mixed emotions. We were rushing out the door to get to school one morning last week when we couldn't find the boppy. I thought there was probably one in the van so I got everyone loaded to find there wasn't. Ran back inside and still couldn't find one amidst the messy house that seems to be neverending since we've become parents of two. Ugh. Anyway, attempting to make it on time to an aerobic class after dropping Lawson off at school, I decided to forgoe looking for it and he would just have to suck it up. I told him it was lost and he simply said, "ok". Very surprised by this response, but thanks to Dora playing in the DVD player the ride to school was quiet. And... we never "found it"! I struggled with not giving it back to him, but found out that day that he hasn't been sleeping with it at school since he moved up to the two-year old room and was making it fine so we've continued with deep breaths over the past week-in-a-half as we hurdle the tough no boppy times. And my other worry was Emmitt's boppy... hasn't been too big of an issue until he is tired. He is surviving without his boppy and I guess we are too, I think. :)
Back to paying for my raising... no boppy means no silence. Literally. In the vehicle he talks NON-STOP!!!!! It is truly exhausting. Sometimes he calls our name and then says, "ummmm...". Nothing to say. Simply wanting to talk. Oh, my goodness. I am sorry mom and dad. No conversation occurs between the two of us when we are in the car. If we are in the van and the TV is on then it is not as bad, but he still talks, and sometimes to the TV. :) Yes, he answers questions on the movie that he is watching. Oh, my.
Now back to the Otters game... from the minute we told him we were going to the Otters game on Saturday afternoon, he spoke of NOTHING BUT OTTERS GAME for the rest of the day. His mouth did not stop from leaving our drive to returning to our drive. Seriously. I finally told him to stop talking and rest his mouth - he began to whisper. So we heard all about the Otters for approximately five hours straight on Saturday.
A silent moment only to smile and show me his Otters ball which he received from one of the previous games... we were hoping to get it signed, but our time at the game was cut a little short. The Otter mascot came around and he became a little frightened so he asked to leave and we obliged.
Emmitt's first game!
Lawson sporting his Pujols STL Cardinals shirt... he is already asking to go see a Cardinal's game.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for the comment... I love hearing from you!