The Bragg Family Blog

The Bragg Family Blog

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Last Day of school + A play date

Today was a bittersweet day, to say the least.

Moving brings on a mixture of emotions... excitement, anxiety, hesitation, hope, fear, happiness, thanksgiving for answered prayers, and more.

The thing I struggle with most when it comes to moving is the fact that we are leaving an area where we've made friends, where our children have made friends, and where our family has grown and experienced new things, and when we depart from an area, I {we} recognize that we may never see those influential people again.  This is very hard for me.  I just can't block that thought from my mind when it comes to moving.  Every time we've moved I have struggled with this, and this time is no different.  Tears are rolling down my cheeks as I type this.

We will miss many people here in Columbia, Missouri.

With that said, today was Lawson's last day at school.  I felt pretty good as I was on my way to pick him up, but when I got there I couldn't help but cry as we said our "see you later's".  If you remember, I mentioned in this back to school post, that our favorite teacher here in Columbia was retiring and that I was extremely sad; those feelings returned today as I hugged his teachers and told them I'd see them later. I just can't do "good-bye's".

So, anyway, {sniff}, we will move on with new teachers and friends in Martin and new memories and attachments will be made.  We've been extremely fortunate with the care of our children, expectations have always been exceeded {remember Mandy in Evansville?!}, and I expect nothing different at his new school. 

Here is Lawson and his friend, Ben...
Pick-up is so busy, and Ben was the only one that I could convince to sit still long enough for a quick picture...


And here is Mrs. Stephanie whom I grew to like... she did a great job with Lawson!


And the "sweet" part of the day was another play date with Jorah and Lyla. 
Lyla's mother so generously invited us to their home and it was SO enjoyable!
These girls have great moms and the kids play so well together.
I DO hope we will get to see them again some day.

-Emmitt, Lawson, Lyla, and Jorah-
Does Emmitt look like a big boy, or what?!


And to close the night, these boys are enjoying another Cardinal's game with their daddy.
Awww man... they just lost. :(
This is not the end so we'll keep cheering them on!


This is the scene around here these days...
Batting helmet, farm batting gloves, baseball bat, Cardinal shirt which is dirty, and dad throwing the ball.
This combination equals one happy little boy!
I will be sneaking the shirt into the washer while he sleeps tonight.
Thanks for taking this picture, Dad!


Thanks for reading... another play date scheduled for tomorrow followed by the packing of the first boxes!
Should be a FUN FRIDAY!

Lawson's first day at his new school will be November 3 which I am hoping will be a "sweet" day.
More pictures coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment... I love hearing from you!