The Bragg Family Blog

The Bragg Family Blog

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

First Day of School

Today was the big day! 

Lawson returned to preschool and he was so excited!

He awoke a little earlier than normal and when I reminded him of this special day, his smile was priceless!

Russ so sweetly took these pictures as we attempted to get a good "first day of school" picture!
(Why are pictures so difficult to take at this age?!)


I printed these cute signs here and taped a paint stick to the back... I hope to use them in the coming years.

According to his teachers, he had a great day and was so "grown up". 
He has definitely changed and grown over the summer... 
Sadly, we learned that our favorite teacher here in Columbia, Mrs. LeeAnne, will not be with him this year.  :(  She is retiring after 25 years.  We received the news when we arrived, and were introduced to his new teacher, Mrs. Stephanie.

She seemed very kind and Lawson seemed to quickly warm up to her, and he has spoken well of her since being at home.  Mrs. LeeAnne was there today and will also be there Thursday to help with transition, but I must say that I wasn't able to hold back my tears.  I was just so shocked and sad.  I know he will be fine and I trust the church's judgement to ensure a good teacher for their program. 
Mrs. LeeAnne will always have a special place in our hearts.


As to his day, this is what he told me...

My favorite thing was playing outside (typical boy).
I liked making my necklace and bookworm. (see below)
We read a book.
Nobody went to time out.

Sums it up in the words of a little boy, I suppose.


And lastly, a little picture with note-worthy information on this first day...


And we're off... off to a great year, I'm sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment... I love hearing from you!