The Bragg Family Blog

The Bragg Family Blog

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Weekend of the Bean

This past weekend we were in Martin for The Soybean Festival.  This is an annual event in downtown Martin, and one that holds a feeling of magic amongst the community during the week-long festival.  In my opinion, anyway. :)

It was always exciting when I was growing up, and over the past few years it has grown significantly with more and more added each year.  Since being married, we've missed a few years here and there, but have been able to attend the past two years and look forward to raising the boys with a sense of community pride as our town hosts The Soybean Festival. 

The pictures I took while we were there are quite lame; it was busy and I just forgot to take pictures, but here are a few.

--Emmitt was taking it all in--


Lawson riding the teeter-totter amongst the Friday Night Pig-Out-in-the-Park cookers...


Lawson rode a few rides...


...and played a few games. 
He had a great time!


------------
Prior to The Soybean Festival...

We left Columbia and headed to Martin on Thursday afternoon... my mom and sister came and spent the week with us and we had a great visit!  The boys enjoyed all of their love and attention, and we shopped, ate out for lunch, Russ grilled dinner at night, and mom made a yummy apple cake from Southern Living... fall is upon us!!  Once again, I took one picture the whole week they were here... I've got to work on that!


------------
During The Soybean Festival...

While in Martin, we had the opportunity to visit with friends and family, alike... on Friday, we joined Mrs. Jane and all of the other K-5th graders in Martin at the Festival... (kind of crazy), but nonetheless, it was fun and Lawson was able to hang out with Mrs. Jane, and Emmitt and I walked around and talked to many people that I hadn't seen in a very long time; hugs and smiles were exchanged.  It was fun.

We also went to see the Westview Chargers {our high school alma mater} play Camden on Friday night with a WIN so that was exciting!  Lawson and Emmitt sat beautifully through the game and we were able to sit with my best friend, Jennifer, and her family which was fun... we look forward to attending the games when we move back.

My dad has some new chickens at his house, so we went to visit him for a while and the chickens were really neat for Lawson to see... Emmitt slept the whole time we were there, but the rabbits, kittens, and chickens were lots of fun!

On Saturday night, we took a date night with friends Ben and Jennifer and that was such an enjoyable evening... I must say that eating out with Emmitt is flat out not enjoyable.  Thank you, Mr. Richard and Mrs. Jane for keeping the boys; sorry they were little stinkers at bedtime!  : ) 

Saturday afternoon was very lazy and we spent a little while outside.  Emmitt is quite fond of the ranger these days...

Here he is sporting his GOLD on the ranger... Mizzou football game pics to come next!



I think that wraps up our Bean week and weekend.  It was great fun and great memories were made, even if they are only mental without pictures.  :)  We look forward to life in Martin... will you please pray for our house to sell?  Thanks!  :)


1 comment:

  1. looks like you guys had a great weekend in martin. i love the picture of L with the pink phone {i think it's julie anne's}. and the photo on the gator of E and mr. richard is precious!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment... I love hearing from you!