The Bragg Family Blog

The Bragg Family Blog

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Fall Fest

Two weeks ago, our church held their annual Fall Fest at Mr. and Mrs. Osburn's farm.

It was so enjoyable for everyone!

I captured a few memories...

-Boys and girls of all ages enjoyed the swing-


When we arrived, approximately 20 girls and boys, actually teens, were playing a game of football... Like the kind of game, where you will get run over if you get within two feet of their "area".  And wouldn't you know that our Lawson, who is often confident beyond our belief, just walked right over to one of the younger teens and asked if he could play with his football... and he said, "yes".

So our boys then had a lime green and black Nerf football all to themselves. 
What should we do with him?



This is Grant.  He is our preacher's middle son. 
Lawson thinks that each and everyone of their children hung the moon.  He speaks of Justin, Grant, and Mark at least once per day, and they are so sweet to humor his obsession with them.


I love this!
Here are Lawson and his friends...
Cash, Lawson, Aliya, and Cameron


Emmitt wanted to sit on the boat, too.
The pond was so peaceful, but far from peaceful all at the same time.
I was a nervous wreck the whole time.  People were just letting their kids freely roam and it was all Russ and I could do to keep up with ours so that they didn't decide to take a dip.



It was a soup and chili potluck, complete with the fixings of corn chips, cheese, and sour cream... all followed with yummy desserts.

We sang songs of praise, and had an encouraging devotional.  Worshiping outside always seems so refreshing to the soul.  Maybe it's just me, but it was very enjoyable and uplifting.


The night came to a close with the annual talent show which was so entertaining. 
Our kids even sat still and quiet!

This is our friend, Brei and her little boy, Cash.


Here are Grant and Mark.
Lawson was totally into their comedy act of "Who's on First?"
They did an awesome job!


Pretty Ragan...


And mischievous, but handsome Emmitt...


A few more comedy acts...


These were a little more serious...



This group of geese flew over during the talent show and were so pretty in the setting sun...


Introducing studious Elora.  We love her family... her mom loves our boys, too.
Pretty dedicated, isn't she?  It left me wondering what teacher assigned homework on a weekend?
{I'm not a fan of homework...}


That concludes the memories of the Fairview Road Church of Christ Fall Fest 2011!

***

I decided to add a few other fall memories...

Our friends, Ben and Jennifer, have a pumpkin patch on their farm in Dresden, TN, and we visited them a few weeks ago, and we got to pick our own pumpkins!

It was so much muddy fun!

I attempted a few pictures, but our boys were less than cooperative when it came to sitting/standing still so this is the best I got...



And here they are on our front porch!





We also scattered a few throughout the house.
This pumpkin's home was in the kitchen, standing on a cup and saucer.
No laughing!  I saw it on another blog and thought it was cute... Russ wasn't so sure, but it fit the "story" of my kitchen and I really liked it!


That's all for now.
Hope you've had a Happy Fall...
More to come on Halloween night!

1 comment:

  1. the pumpkins are beautiful. how awesome that jennifer and bryan have a patch. love the stack on the teacup and the one on your porch.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment... I love hearing from you!