The Bragg Family Blog

The Bragg Family Blog

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The Evansville Sky

Over the past couple of weeks, the Evansville sky has proven to be beautiful!

And over the past few weeks, Lawson has become very aware of the sky and its appearance. The week of his birthday, we were getting him ready for bed and as I closed his blinds, I commented on the sky. The sun was going down and the clouds and the sun looked almost just like the sky did last year on his birthday... very pretty. Well, my comment caused him to make an association between the sky and birthdays. Every time the sky is beautifully decorated with a mixture of clouds and sun, he points and so excitedly asks, "Happy Birthday?!" And we say no, it isn't a happy birthday, it's just a pretty sky... I am wondering how long it will take for him to understand that the sky has no association with happy birthdays? :)

The following pictures are of the Evansville sky from the past couple of weeks... each time we were outside looking at the sky and I was snapping these shots, he kept jumping up and down pointing to the sky saying, "Happy Birthday!"





Aren't they pretty pictures? These type things excite me for some reason. I remember my senior English teacher, Coach Barber, telling me one day in class that I was such a "gold" person. I was like, "what?" He said, "Yes, Selena. You are a 'gold' person (mind you this was in quite a condescending, but sincere tone)... you are a 'stop-and-smell-the-flowers-kind-of-girl'." He is right... I enjoy the small things and often take time to stop and enjoy them. Life is too short not to do so.
Maybe Lawson will be a 'gold' person?! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment... I love hearing from you!