The Bragg Family Blog

The Bragg Family Blog

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Lawson's Bedroom

Back in March, Lawson began the journey in his new big boy bedroom. What started as a rough ride has become quite smooth over the past months.

He enjoys his bed and has remained proud of his room as he so excitedly shows guests when they come to visit. It turned out really cute and it fits him so perfectly.

He goes to sleep very easily these days with at most two returns to the living room before giving in to his tiredness and falling asleep. He sleeps all night with occasional cries requiring a pat on the back returning him to his peaceful slumber.

Below are a few pictures of his big boy room... it is compiled of both new and "well-seasoned" furniture which hold memories from Russ' childhood.



I made the "L" above his chest for his nursery and was pleased that it fit in his new big boy bedroom... thanks Amanda for the idea before our babies were born; I still love it! :)





As most children do, he has learned to jump on the bed and it is a lot of fun as the giggles just roll right from his mouth...





An artist, Jenny Bowman, from Dyersburg, Tennessee painted the canvas above his bed. She did a beautiful job and we are extremely pleased with it. She is very reputable and has done work for many in Martin, our hometown, and has also been on HGTV. When I contacted her I had to give her all of the information over the phone, but was able to send pics of bedding, paint colors, etc. through email. I was quite nervous as I wasn't sure what to expect since I had nothing to go by and/or share with her as far as examples are concerned. It was a leap of faith and she "WOW"ed me!
Russ and I are in awe of her work and Lawson is very proud of it, too! It is more durable than I would have ever expected and thank goodness that it is as I have finally given up on trying to keep his hands off of it at bedtime. He enjoys pointing to the animals and making their noises. My only comfort is that he has just gotten out of the bathtub therefore his hands SHOULD be clean. :)

I took a few upclose shots of some of the detail... she was blessed with an amazing talent. I believe you can click on the pics to enlarge them and you should be able to see the detail closer.



I specifically like the barn with his name on it. : )


And that's Lawson's room. Emmitt's room is cute too... I will post it in the very near future.
May his room be filled with many great memories in the years to come.

1 comment:

  1. the room is perfect. and looks like lawson loves it, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment... I love hearing from you!