The Bragg Family Blog

The Bragg Family Blog

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Simply "Fruit"-i-ful!

On June 17, I arrived home from the gym and before I could get Emmitt out of his seat, my neighbor, Pam, was ringing the doorbell at the front door. I went to the door to find her standing there with this beautiful arrangement in her hands...

I said, "Oh, my, Pam!" and she began to tell me that it had been delivered approximately 15 minutes ago and that since we were not home the delivery man left it with her. She was so happy I had arrived home as she was afraid it was going to ruin before she could get it to me. When she asked the man what to do if we didn't come home before the end of the day, he told her he didn't know with the accompanied shrug of his shoulders. I am sooo glad I arrived home!

I was immediately curious about who would have sent us something so spectacular... and then I read the card. I should have known... our good friends from North Dakota who always have such splendid gift-giving ideas! Or maybe I should say "Tammy" who has such good ideas... Tim, forgive me if this was your idea, as I could see your practicality in this nice gift, but I am suspecting your LOVELY wife took care of it!!! :) Ha! HOWEVER... your talent in the kitchen (which we were just discussing today... the tasty roast beef sandwiches you made when I was there last) might have played a part in this idea!! :) Whose ever idea it was, it was a good one; thanks a million.

Anyway, June is a busy month for us as it contains my birthday, Russ' birthday, and our anniversary! The card covered those three occasions as well as Mother's Day, Father's Day and all the in-betweens! :)

It was a beautiful fruit arrangement created by http://www.ediblearrangements.com/. I had always seen advertisements and I drive by the store here in Evansville almost daily, but had never ordered or eaten one. I am here to tell you that it was beautifully created, fresh, of high quality, and delicious! We received it just in time for Russ' family to arrive for Father's Day and every last piece was gone before they left on Sunday afternoon. Well, Lawson ate every single little grape within a few hours of its arrival, but the rest was thoroughly enjoyed by all!

I am hooked and plan to use this unique gift-giving idea in the future. Think about it... most of the time, we all have more than we need and it is often hard to shop for others, flowers are pretty to look at and make you feel oh, so special, but are expensive and quickly fade. But fruit?! How practical! It is liked by almost all in some form or fashion and is a delicious gift not to mention it also made me feel oh, so special as it was simply "FRUIT"-I-FUL!! :)

Below are a few pics of the beautiful fruit arrangement...







And it also contained this jar of yummy chocolate dipping sauce that was so easily warmed in the microwave. The strawberries were luscious dipped in the chocolate.

It was filled with these pretty pineapple flowers.







And the grapes added a nice dimension of height to the arrangement. And Lawson L-O-V-E-D them... every single one of them to be exact!



And that's all!
Thanks so much, Rector family! Your loving thoughtfulness will never be forgotten!
Much love from Evansville to Mandan!
xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment... I love hearing from you!