Here is the birthday boy... 2 years old!
Lawson loves to push him in his swing... sometimes a little too much pushing/swinging. :)
A little love pat from big brother Lawson
Lawson went to school today to be with his friends as I had a few errands to run before the big party {more pics to come soon, I hope} and Lawson in towe would have inevitably resulted in a fussy boy who simply would've wanted to be anywhere besides shopping. He needed to be at school as much as I needed him to be there. He LOVES it there and we are thankful for that.
Anyway, he took cupcakes to school to celebrate his big day. He truly seemed to understand that it was his "Happy Birthday to you!!!". This is what he says when birthdays are mentioned and said, "my Happy Birthday to you!" for his own birthday. We talked about it for several days leading up to his birthday and he was soooo excited. Russ took him to the grocery on Thursday night to pick up mini cupcakes to share with his friends... AKA in Lawson language "tuptakes". We headed to school the next morning and all he could talk about was "my Happy Birthday to you!" and "tuptakes". I went to get him out at school and he said, "my tuptakes", and I said "no, you are going to share your cupcakes with your friends", followed by Lawson saying, "no". I was suddenly concerned as sharing at school is a developmental problem in the 2-year old class. So, I opened the grocery bag, pulled out the cupcakes, and pointed at each individual cupcake telling him who each cupcake was for... going through EACH child in his class and his teachers. It worked beautifully, thank goodness. We got to his class and his teachers immediately started singing... it was so sweet. He was beaming with happiness and the sweetest little smile. He then announced that he had "tuptakes". According to Mrs. Lisa and Mrs. Jenna he happily shared his cupcakes.
My sister arrived that afternoon to help prepare for the big birthday party... and we COULD NOT have made it without her. Two kids truly makes a difference when you are working to prepare to entertain; oh my goodness. Anyway, we needed to run to Sam's and to get dinner. Julie Anne and I, along with both boys, made the Sam's run and then met Russ for dinner at Q'doba. It went very smoothly and was enjoyed by all. Lawson loves their cheese quesadillas. We then returned home and the races began. Much, much to do and very little time to do it, but as mentioned, Julie Anne pulled us through... literally. Thanks a million, Julie! And the birthday came to an end with one sleepy little boy. He took a bath, played with Julie and Emmitt, talked about his big party to come, and he was off to bed.
It was a special day full of excitement and love. It was hard to believe how quickly the time had gone. How much fun we had had in the fast two years of Lawson's life and the fast first month of Emmitt's! Many people made comments to me about being "sad" that Lawson was growing up and that he was going to be 2. I quickly told them that I was far from sad. That I was so happy and extremely thankful that he was going to be 2! There are so many parents who never get to see their children turn 2, children who don't live to celebrate their 2nd birthday. Russ and I are very thankful that Lawson turned 2 and Emmitt 1 month. Although time flies and they grow up way too quickly, we are enjoying watching them grow and are thankful for each and every day.
May they continue to grow and be healthy, and may God continue to provide Russ and me with guidance and wisdom as we raise them in His light.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for the comment... I love hearing from you!