The Bragg Family Blog

The Bragg Family Blog

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Six Year Recap Clarification

Ok, so it has been brought to my attention that I listed inaccurate information regarding the location of us celebrating a few of our anniversaries... I would like to clarify myself.

You see, the two locations in which we lived prior to moving to Evansville frequently caused confusion when telling others where we lived.

For example, when we moved to North Dakota we lived in an apartment in MANDAN, however, when we spoke to friends and family not familiar with ND, they would say "what?", "where?", "that sounds like an 'out-in-the-boonies' kind of place!"... and then we would say, "never mind, it is the neighboring city to Bismarck, so just call it Bismarck." And that is what we did; it was just easier. Now when we were speaking to fellow North Dakotans, we would identify home as Mandan! And we loved it there, too, by the way! Our little 1200 sq ft apartment amidst the cold North was perfect!

Then there is the Indianapolis area. We technically lived in Westfield, Indiana, but, crazy enough, our address was Carmel, Indiana. This caused problems. When we first moved to Westfield, we would meet new people and they would asked where we lived and we said Westfield... no problems there. However, when we joined our church, when I was applying for jobs, and anywhere that we had to give an actual street address it said Carmel. Then people would say, "umm... I thought you just said you lived in Westfield...". So, it was a difficult explanation and depending on the situation we would use Westfield or Carmel and then on occasion we would explain the issue, which was simply a city line. Crazy! That is why I listed it as Indianapolis on the "recap". Don't want to confuse anyone!

Sooooo... for ease, and without much thought, I simply listed the location for our 2004 and 2005 anniversary as Bismarck and 2006 and 2007 as Indianapolis. I suppose the bottom line is that we were together and we were happy!

Now, to my precious MANDAN friend, Tammy, I certainly want to express my sincere apology for the confusion! I so miss your sense of humor! And you know what else came to my mind on the whole 'confusion of where you are living'... do you remember the "we lived in Manhattan" story??? and my response of "riding horses in Manhattan - what???" City names can cause lots of problems when telling others where you live! HA HA HA!!!

Love you all in Mandan and Bismarck, too!!! : ) Tell your husband and kids hello!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment... I love hearing from you!