Lawson's new class does many neat things and yesterday was no exception.
The toddler class combined with the 2-year old class traveled to Wesselman Park here in Evansville for a morning full of outside play. It was a fun morning for most, but was very, very hot! My car said 96 when we left at 12:00 noon.
I was looking forward to the trip because Lawson LOVES to be outside and I just knew he would have a great time... wrong. He did pretty good for about the first 30 minutes and then the remaining 2 hours were pretty much full of tears and annoying moans and groans. I feel bad complaining, but it was just too hot and with him having just moved up, he is the youngest in his class, and he is still not fully balanced when walking and due to the unlevel ground at the park, he was on his bottom just as much, if not more than he was on his feet! He seemed to be frustrated. Oh, well... it was definitely an experience and I am glad we got to go and if nothing else, I got some cute pictures!
The field trip came to a close with a picnic lunch of which Lawson was not interested - I packed PBJs, which he typically loves, but I also brought a new snack along, Cheetos. So he had a few, maybe two, bites of his sandwich and once the Cheetos were introduced, no more PBJ... he had quite a few bites of Cheetos as he continued his "more" and "please" sign over and over again and then he did eat some go-gurt, thank goodness. And I must mention the insects... ugh. I was beginning to feel a little overtaken by them as we sat on the ground and swatted more gnats than I knew God created. Going to the park was a great idea and I truly appreciate their willingness to do fun things, but it was just too hot and Lawson was tired.
Below are a few pics from the morning... I am certain he was the DIRTIEST child there. I promise I didn't let him wallow in the dirt with the pigs, he just continued to find himself sitting rather than standing! : ) I wonder what the other moms were thinking of me as I just let my son sit and play in the dirt and then I let him eat a snack with dirty fingers, and then at one point in time he had a stick in his mouth... oh, well, he is just a boy!
Lawson and a friend
Peek-a-Boo!
Tic-Tac-Toe
The park was really nice and was designed so that handicap children can play. However, the new walker didn't do so well on the ramp, esp coming down.
Just a swingin'...
I was afraid he was going to fall asleep on the swing.
Digging in the dirt is fun, fun, fun!
Now I think I will sprinkle it everywhere!
You know the saying "it bit the dust"? Well, I think I have seen it in action. The circular brown spot on his head is dirt.
And on his bottom, too!
Time for a little snack - Teddy Grahams and ice water are great!
Digging in the dirt is fun, fun, fun!
Now I think I will sprinkle it everywhere!
You know the saying "it bit the dust"? Well, I think I have seen it in action. The circular brown spot on his head is dirt.
And on his bottom, too!
Time for a little snack - Teddy Grahams and ice water are great!
Selena-
ReplyDeleteSo glad that you sent me your blog address. Mrs. Jane brought Lawson to Mrs. Phyllis's during my shower and I was so glad I got to meet him. What a doll! I must say that I think you and Russ produced Richard Bragg II. He is precious. I look forward to watching him grow through your blog. Russ was such a good friend when we were young and I hope Lawson's childhood is filled with the same fun and silly memories! -courtney vassar