The Bragg Family Blog

The Bragg Family Blog

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Our Christmas Memories {2012}

Over the years, I've often heard people say, "this was the best Christmas ever!", and I would often wonder what would make it so much better than "ever"... Well, this year's was pretty awesome.  I believe there are many factors that play into this thought in my mind, and I haven't even talked with Russ about these so he may not agree with each of them, although we did both agree that it was a wonderful Christmas.  

Here's what made it so great...

1. For the first time in 10 years, we didn't have to travel.

2. Our boys are at such an enjoyable age, and seemed to truly enjoy the holiday season with much excitement!

3. Each family celebration was relaxed and because of the scheduling, it didn't feel like a marathon.

4. Christmas morning was so much fun!

Here are a few specifics from this "best-Christmas-ever!"...

Our Christmas Card...



Emmitt sporting the Rudolph nose...


The beautiful snow that came the day after Christmas...


Our Christmas Tree... Didn't Santa appear at just the right time?  No, I didn't plan that! ;)


Our Elf returned, and threw a few parties while he was visiting... Poor guy, I'm sure he is very confused as his name changed once again this year.  So far, he has answered to "Free", "Freeze", and this year he was renamed "Yadi"... Oh, well, he brings great joy to our two little boys even if he is confused each year by his new name!



Santa made a stop by our house, and left the boys some gifts...


=Lawson's gifts=


=Emmitt's gifts=


=A few games and movies to share=



Santa didn't expect the boys to enjoy this game so much; it has been fun!


You might remember in his letter to Santa, that he asked for a Westview Charger Basketball jersey #1... Santa had no idea how hard it would be to find/make a WHS Charger jersey.  Like a needle in a hay stack, but he eventually found one for our boy.


Both boys received new basketballs... Lawson is a mighty fine dribbler, if I must say so myself.


Emmitt got his camper!!  His letter to Santa requested a camper and horse trailer and Santa brought both... he was so excited!


Stockings are always fun, too...



Lawson also received a new pair of Nike's from Santa...




And not just any Nike's, but Westview Charger Nike's!!!
He was glowing with excitement!!


Russ picked out a beautiful picture from one of our downtown shops for me, and I absolutely love it!

Check out this Westview Charger... 


He was so proud of his new "uniform"... I know he was pleased and thankful with all Santa brought, but he has gotten a lot of wear and time out of his uniform and new basketball.  


They also got a set of golf clubs.  They are perfect in size, and I would highly recommend them if you're in need of a set for a toddler.  Santa found them at Toys "R" Us. ;)


Emmitt asked for a big boy potty and underwear.  We were very hopeful for potty training, but so far, no luck.  He says he will go potty when he's "six". "Six" is when L goes to Kindergarten so he thinks that's a magic number.  I'm tempted to tell him he's "six" next month when he turns three!! :)  Just kidding.  It will surely happen in due time.


Our parents came to spend some time with us after we had had time to open gifts, and that was exciting for everyone...

=Sweet Baby Weston=


Family...


=Cousins=


Lawson and Daddy playing with his new Bey Blades and Bey Wheels... it's a boy thing, in case you're not in the know on boy toys. ;)




Aren't his eyes beautiful?!



And that's that... another Christmas in the books. {Even if it is March 7!}

Thanks for reading.  I have so much to update.  Maybe sometime soon, we'll see!

Enjoy your weekend... it's almost here!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment... I love hearing from you!