The Bragg Family Blog

The Bragg Family Blog

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Julie & Luke {Engagement}

First of all, Happy Easter!  May we remember Him every day, but especially the miracle we celebrate this weekend... He is alive!

****

I'm sure you remember me mentioning my sister getting engaged back around Thanksgiving.  She and Luke have a wedding date set for September 28, 2013, and we are very excited! It will be here before we know it, and they have been busy bees planning and preparing for their special day.  Our boys will be a part of the ceremony, and they are also very excited.  A funny story... the first thing out of Lawson's mouth when we told him he was going to be wearing a tux, was... "can I please wear shoes that I can see myself in?" We looked at each other and began laughing.  It was hilarious, and we have no clue where he heard that.  So, we will be on a mission for shoes in which he can see himself. :)

Anyway, I had the honor of going along with her and my mom to Brinkley, Arkansas to search for her wedding dress.  Low's Bridal & Formal can be found nestled in a small town about 3 1/2 hours from Martin, and is also where we found my wedding dress ten years ago (!!!).  It is a lovely business, to say the least.  We had a great time, and found the most perfect and beautiful dress; mission accomplished!





Of course, you won't see any glimpses of her dress until pictures are taken on that big day, but trust me, she looks amazing, and will be a beautiful bride!!  So happy for them! 

****

A few weeks ago we enjoyed celebrating their engagement with their friends in Jackson, Tennessee.  There was a great crowd, and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves.  It was a St. Patrick's Day theme, and everything was so cute... Enjoy the memories...




The "Martin" Girls :)


The Bride & Groom


I have no clue what this pose means, and I was afraid to ask due to all of the people present... it would be an embarrassment either way... #1 - I didn't know something I should've known, or #2 - it could be something I didn't want to know. ;)



There was a great variety of food, and it was delicious!!


And these cake pops were scrumptious.  I had never eaten a cake pop, but they were great!



September 28... we're excited about this special day!

Happy Easter, and thanks for reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment... I love hearing from you!