The Bragg Family Blog

The Bragg Family Blog

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Lawson's First Game {Tee Ball}

Hi there,  I hope you are enjoying the warmer weather as the month of May moves right along.  The weather has certainly been pleasing here in West Tennessee, although a little warmer than normal.  The Super Moon was beautiful, however I am hopeful that it was the cause of some wild little Bragg boys.  :)  These stages will pass, right?!  

Anyway, I am way behind on blogging as things are quite busy with the new house.   Things are going great there, and I hope to update soon. {no promises} :)  

To get started with my updates, I am going to start with Big Brother.  Last Thursday night, Lawson played his very first tee ball game! 

I took lots of pictures.  Yes, I was one of the annoying parents who had to capture as many moments as possible in the first game of our three year old's life.  I couldn't help it, and as I look back over these pictures, I am so thankful that I took them as a few of the little details that I captured had already begun to fade.  I am sure I will never be regretful of taking "too many" pictures. :)  

Getting ready for the game... He's #9 for Mathis Battery!



Do you see his new uniform and all of its accessories?
Jersey. Baseball pants in an XS Youth, but still too big.  Red baseball belt and socks. Bat Bag which contains a bat, a glove, and a helmet.  And lastly, cleats {cweats}.


Between the fence and the time of day, my camera struggles with quality pictures.  
I'm going to take my other lens tonight and am hoping for better quality.

Here he is walking up to bat for the FIRST time...



And he made it to first base where you can see him listening to his coach for further directions...


Running to second while looking over his shoulder to check on the ball and other players.


Now he's on the field...



Miller is up to bat, and he did great!


Lawson batting again.  He tapped the base of the tee, tapped his cleats, then stepped up to bat. It was hilarious.  I think we've watched too much major league baseball!! :) 



He once again made it around the bases, but was tagged coming into home plate.
I was concerned that he would be upset, but he laughed and said that next time he "would just run faster than that catcher". 


He could hardly wait for the "Good Game, Good Game, Good Game" part.
Notice he has both hands out. :)



Little Brother LOVES the ball park!


This was taken from outside of the dugout.  I couldn't see his head over the top of the bench, but I could see his little feet under the bench.
How about those cleats?  They were the only pair they had in his size.  
Neon Orange Adidas Cleats.
One thing's for sure... we can pick him out among the other boys and girls with those bright shoes.
He is so proud of them. :)


A few more snapshots of him in the outfield...




Mathis Battery vs. Dresden 4x4.

As to the score, "everybody's a winner in tee ball".  
Although I tend to be a little competitive, I love that everybody is a winner!


It was a lot of fun!
We are practicing just about every day here, and he loves it. Tonight is Game 2; you will probably see more tee ball memories as time goes on, but I will try not to bore you with it. :)

Thanks for reading and have a nice day!

1 comment:

  1. So happy for him! I know how excited little boys can get (and moms and dads and little brothers!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment... I love hearing from you!