We've survived two tee ball games, and we are having so much fun!
Lawson was assigned to the catcher's position for this game, and he couldn't have been more excited! It was so cute, and on occasion, his excitement brought tears to my eyes!
I must say that if my eyes weren't watering from my heart being warmed, they were watering from laughter. Lawson takes this tee ball business very serious; he loves it. As you know, we are big St. Louis Cardinal fans, and if you know anything about their team, you probably know that Yadier Molina is their catcher. We are big fans of Yadi. Lawson knows a lot about him, and told us all night that he was the catcher just like Yadi. It was so cute.
As to my eyes watering from laughter... he was so attentive during the game that I'm pretty sure he was getting on the opposing team's coach. He was right in there, playing the position very well... a little over the top for tee ball. The funny part is that he tagged EVERY player that ran home whether he had the ball or not. I mean like smacking them with his glove. :) Everybody was talking about him, and wanting to know who he was and who his parents were. It was very funny! Russ finally got up and went over to the fence to tell him that he can't tag anyone out if he doesn't have the ball. His response, "Dad, I'm blocking home plate so they can't score!"... Russ told him that he couldn't do that, and I want you to know that he didn't continue to do this, but it was evident that it took a lot of control to stand back and watch. Over time, he will learn, I suppose. :)
=1st bat=
=2nd bat=
Did you notice him tapping his cleats?
Too funny!
=Little Brother=
"Good Game" was exciting, once again...
Catcher shots...
Miller did a great job, once again, and he got several outs at home plate!
Lawson attempting a slide into home plate, although he was just tagged out by the other team. :)
Here he is helping with the tee, alongside the opposing team's coach... see what I mean? :)
Totally Random, but oh my word... this little boy also caused a lot of laughter!
He refused to play. He rolled all around the field just like you see him now. He actually ended up behind Lawson at home plate.
The poor coaches.
Aren't there days when we all feel like this?
:)
That's all I've got.
Game 3 tonight; can't wait!
Off to wash sandy tee ball pants, socks, and a jersey.
Thanks for reading!


Please keep the pictures coming.....I am loving them (& I know Johnny will too once we get time)!!
ReplyDelete