Another house update for you... the bathrooms.
We have two full baths and one half/closet-size bathroom.
The boys' bath and half bath are both on the bottom floor, and our bathroom and bedroom will be upstairs. I know, kind of backwards, but remember it's an old house which we love, and therefore we are going with it. And if you're concerned, like most people when they hear our new sleeping arrangements, there is no need to worry. Mr. ADT will guard us like a mama bear guards her cubs. We feel good about it.
Anyway, the bathrooms have been quite the undertaking. Thanks to a close friend's recommendation, Russ has had another pair of hands. Armando has spent the last two Saturdays with Russ and they have made some demolition pie, to say the least. Armando has saved the day, and we are so thankful to have found him!
Here are our plans...
If you've ever removed tile then you know exactly how much work was involved in gutting this bathroom.
The large glass tile window will be staying and the wood sub floor above will all be redone, of course.
Moving up stairs...
Here are our plans...
And lastly, the half bath which is on the long hallway...
Armando and Russ also tore it out, but I suppose I forgot to take a picture.
Here is the before and I will post some after pictures once we get started with the new pictures.It's in a very convenient location, but it is a one-person-potty, no doubt.
That's where we stand with the bathrooms. We have a lot of work to do. A LOT. But, it will get there.
The vanities and counter tops have been ordered and are being built... we will be making our final decision on tile this week, and hope to pick out paint colors, light fixtures, faucets, and the such this week. I am getting very excited!
Thanks for reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for the comment... I love hearing from you!