mistake & apologize
As Lawson has gotten older and more developed with his vocabulary, and socially, too, it has become apparent that he is our little mirror image and our echo, too. He does and says what we do and say. As I recognized his correct use of these two words, I thought to myself... "Wow, if we can be sure that he understands that he will make mistakes throughout life and that there is a need to apologize at necessary moments, then I will feel good about those two lessons."
Raising children was never said to be easy. Russ and I can only pray that we do and say things that please God, number one, and number two that our words and actions are helping to raise our children to be positive contributors to society. Acknowledging mistakes and knowing how to apologize is a start and are two big words that will be beneficial to their vocabulary in that positive contribution.
A little bit of a wind in our sails... enough to encourage us to keep on keepin' on in this world of raising children. : )
We love you, Lawson and Emmit.
The boys are so cute and getting so big. In the picture at the top, Dr. Lawson and patient Emmitt look a lot alike, but I'm sure you see their differences just like I do my boys. I thought of you a few weeks ago and a few nights a week now. Jack picked out Sponge Bob pajamas. I too hate character anything, so I cringed at the sight of them and considered putting them back more than once. BUT I bought them and he's so happy when he wears them, but I do think of you every time he does.
ReplyDeletewhat a wonderful lesson lawson has learned. saying you are sorry is one of the hardest lessons to learn!
ReplyDeletethe boys are adorable. can't wait watch their fun summer activities through your blog.
Thank you for your kind comments, Carla and Courtney.
ReplyDeleteThey really are growing up quickly and I know that you two know all about that.
Carla- thanks for sharing the pj story... Kids just love that character stuff! I'm glad he likes them and if it helps at nighttime when he's tired (and you're tired, too) then that's what's important! And there are many days I think of you, too... Our lives are quite similar with two little boys under one roof... esp in the bathroom while getting ready, the bathtub with two boys, E in the dishwasher, and lately swim lessons. I remember pics of Jack swimming and thinking, "Wow, what will it be like to have one swimming?" And we have arrived. I am guessing we will be in your soccer mama shoes this time next year. You are preparing me for what's to come and you don't even realize it!! Ha!
Take care, both of you. Have a good rest of the week and thanks, again!