The Bragg Family Blog

The Bragg Family Blog

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Fun on the Farm plus some

Last weekend we made a last-minute-quick-trip to Martin.

We had three missions to complete while there, which I will mention at the end, but the fun we had was worth our fast trip.

The weather was warm and beautiful.  While at Mrs. Jane and Mr. Richard's we played outside and Lawson enjoyed his first fishing experience.  I am glad I had my camera and took close to 100 pictures... here are a few faves from the afternoon.

Emmitt is big enough for the swing and Lawson is big enough to push him.




Emmitt loved it!


And Lawson loved fishing with his Dad and Uncle Jim.


Emmitt hung out with Grandmother and Granddad while I took a few pictures.


He caught one!




My favorite fisherman... followed by Lawson, and Emmitt to come in the near future, I am sure.  :)


Lawson learned about worms and fishing.  Here he is asking Dad if he needed another worm?


Parker was loving every minute and the boys... not so much... his excitement was not helpful for fishing.



Dad helping him reel it in.



Fisherman Lawson


Fishing with Uncle Jim


Moved to the dock for more fishing...


He was really good at catching fish!


I like this one. :)


Brothers fishing with Parker


And then the "plus some"...

One of our reasons for going to Martin was for me to borrow Granny's sewing machine.  Our new house faces the West in the evenings meaning WARM during late afternoon.  Our windows are tall and the blinds aren't cutting it.  Window treatments are a MUST.  I have not found anything pre-made that I like nor anything that will work given the size of the windows.  I did, however, find fabric that I like.  I had decided to have them made.  Unfortunately, the only lady that I thought I could afford, I couldn't.  And not to mention the fact that she only uses her fabric and lives 40 minutes from Columbia and requires you to come out so that she can "consult" you on her thoughts of what you need.  She is in her 70's and has been sewing for years.  I am sure she is GOOD, but not what I had in mind.  After talking with her for 20 minutes I decided it wasn't right. 

I then called a lady from my hometown and she told me that she wasn't comfortable making them without coming to our house to measure.  Six hours from Martin wasn't going to happen either. :)  She did, however, convince me that I could make them myself.  I hope she is right.

So, I am going to make them.  We will save about $800 (for labor only; not including fabric) if I make them and I am convinced that I can do it.  Will start on the downstairs shower curtain this week.  I decided to begin with a curtain that people rarely see.  I am excited about using Gran's machine and about the (hopefully) satisfaction that goes with completing something all by yourself.  I will keep you posted.

Granny is 95 years old and she helped me learn to use her machine.

(overlook my Saturday appearance - Erin thanks for capturing my sewing lesson from Granny)





I like this picture. :)


Our other missions accomplished were a picture for above our couch from Kirkland's Antiques and new shrubs and trees from Zimm's. 

Russ will be redoing our front landscaping over the upcoming weekend.  Lots of DIY projects going on at our house.  We are excited! Will post pics as it goes.

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Thanks for the comment... I love hearing from you!