I happened to be at Kohl's looking for a few odds and ends when I discovered these pajamas. Russ and I are so not "character people", however our little boy loves Sesame Street, Mickey Mouse Club House, and Handy Manny. I saw these PJs and knew they were a must.
I brought them home and showed him and his sweet smile was PRICELESS! As tacky as they are to us, he was more than delighted! So we decided that cartoon PJs are worth big smiles and delight!
Here he is proudly sporting Elmo... which brought on an interesting morning to follow. Russ had to scoot out early the next morning so I was left to get him dressed by myself. As I began to change him into his clothes, he put up the BIGGEST fight I have witnessed in quite a while. I finally decided it wasn't worth the struggle. Against my no character mindset, he wore his Elmo PJ shirt, blue jeans, and tennis shoes to school... another parenthood area in which to eat my words. Of course, we got to school and all he could do is SMILE, point to his shirt and say, "my Elmo shirt, my Elmo shirt". Got there to get him and his afternoon teachers went on and on about how cute he looked... I smiled and thought, "oh, my". But really it is, "oh, well". Life is too short for it not to be "delightful" even if it includes moments of tackiness.
And here is delightfully tacky #2... Mickey Mouse!
Delightfully tacky #s 3 and 4 will soon follow. : )
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for the comment... I love hearing from you!