On Thursday night, Russ began the "transformation" of the guest room into Lawson's new bedroom. He took the bed down, the pictures and decor down, and moved the other pieces of furniture out into the dining room and foyer. We have had quite the mess, to say the least.
And then on Friday night, the hard work began. The change began with a new ceiling fan which took much longer than planned followed by the painting of the ceiling. We traveled to Martin last weekend to visit with Claire as she is always so good to help us with our paint colors. We wanted his room to blend with her previous color selections and I believe she steered us in the right direction. Russ worked until after eleven o'clock and was able to finish it up... but for some strange reason, I could not stay awake... I fell asleep in the bedroom floor watching him paint, and then moved to the couch before he woke me up to go to bed at 11:30. I am thinking it might be the pregnancy? : ) Poor guy, I was no help to begin with, but a little moral support and encouragement would have been nice. However, he got it done!
Our Saturday plans were to sleep in and work on the room after going out for breakfast... what were we thinking? Our plans are truly not "ours". Lawson had absolutely no plans to sleep late so we were up at 6 am and our day went quickly from there.
We had Panera for breakfast and then stopped by Lowe's before coming home. Once at home, Russ jumped right back in and was able to finish the painting while Lawson and I shopped for a couple of hours.
Up to this point, and over the weekend, we have been telling Lawson that he is getting a new bed. However, we didn't expect him to be sooooo excited and I truly mean excited! He was up again this morning at 5:45 and had a short hour-long nap and the rest of the day was full of us working in his new room and running a few errands... he didn't miss a beat and was running wide-open completely full of joy! The most common sayings of the day were, "my bed" and "that's mine" as he pointed to the bed... both of these accompanied with a full smile.
For the sake of our memory -- he would crawl onto the bed and lay down asking us to turn off the light and close the door as he was going night, night.
Although he has been soooo excited, I have to admit that this afternoon as he was "jumping" on his new bed it brought tears to my eyes. I can't believe that this big bed and room are for him. It seems as though we were just painting his nursery blue and cracking up about the fact that we were going to be parents.
I suppose time flies when you're having fun...
Below are a few pics from the past 48 hours. I can only hope that his excitement will remain constant and that his sleeping patterns will not be altered too terribly much through this transition.
The pics show just the "skeleton" of the room... we are very pleased thus far, but have much to do with accessories. I will post the final pics once the room is complete.
Thanks, Dad, for a great paint job and for all of your hard work!
Lawson loves his new fan... can you see him talking? This is non-stop!
Yea for Lawson moving to a big boy bed!!! That honestly freaks me out with Sadie. ;) You'll have to keep me updated with how well he does. Since he's so excited about it, I'm sure he's going to do fine! It's amazing what simple things make them so happy isn't it?!! The room looks cute so far....beautiful paint color....I can't wait to see the rest of it and the baby's room! I hope you're feeling well! Miss you guys!
ReplyDeleteruss is certainly the painter. his daddy trained him well. love the bedding and can't wait to see how it all comes together. hooray...big bed for lawson.
ReplyDelete