The Bragg Family Blog

The Bragg Family Blog

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Bedding for our Boys...

Boys... the "s" on the end, meaning more than one, is beginning to sink in.

Last night, as we headed back to Evansville, we stopped by Pottery Barn Kids to do a little shopping. We are down to 11 weeks before baby Emmitt is scheduled to arrive and we have much to do before he joins us.

It was a short and sweet shopping trip... we were in and out and got all that we needed for our boys' rooms. I must admit that it was much more exciting than I expected it to be. We purchased "big boy" bedding for Lawson and then new baby bedding for Emmitt and as we were shopping the reality of two little boys living at OUR house began to sink in... along with the excitement. I love what we got and am looking forward to putting their rooms together!

We have to get a new twin bed for Lawson and due to a recall, Emmitt will be getting a new baby bed, but other than that and a couple buckets of paint with a few new accessories, we should be open for business when it comes to housing two little boys!

Here is Lawson's new bedding... we purchased his quilt, sheets, pillow shams, and a cute little frog. We have ordered the bed skirt and they will be shipping it to us. Isn't it handsome? : )





And here is Emmitt's... he got new bumper pads, sheets, a little sham, and new curtains. The good news is that Lawson's bed skirt will match and we don't have to buy a new one and I am wondering if the curtains in Lawson's nursery might not match better than the ones that they recommended... I've got to play with it, but am so excited and am very pleased with what we got!



And as to the bumper pads... gotta have 'em. Poor Lawson. He got sick during the night on Wednesday night and we had to strip the bed at 12:05 am. The bumper pads and all had to be washed. Due to us being out of town, we didn't get them washed and put back on his bed until tonight. When I went in to check on him this afternoon, this is what I found. Bumper pads are a MUST!



That's all we've got thus far... going to look for a bed for Lawson tomorrow and we will start painting in the next couple of weeks. I am looking forward to the exciting bedroom transformations as we will soon have TWO BOYS!!!
More pics to come!

1 comment:

  1. can't wait to see how the rooms turn out. you've got to post pics. the bedding is adorable!
    two boys...you and russ are going to be running man to man coverage soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment... I love hearing from you!