Last Wednesday was the first day back to school. First days back to school always involve "butterflies"... this year was no exception. It was a beautiful morning and I was truly looking forward to returning to elementary school and it was a great day!
I have 22 third graders, 10 girls and 12 boys.
My new school, Delaware Elementary.
Ready for school...
A snapshot of a few of my students
I arrived to get Lawson around 4:45 that afternoon, running later than normal due to it being the first day of school, and when I arrived he was sitting with Miss Shelby and as I walked towards him, I thought she was going to cry. She had the "incident" papers in hand and began to tell me that he had a little incident... she was sitting in the floor, holding him in her lap when she picked him up to sit him in the floor beside her. He didn't want to sit next to her, so he threw a fit, slung his little head and smacked the edge of the table... so sad. It looked bad to me and the more I looked at it, the harder it was not to cry. Miss Shelby was so upset and felt terrible and I told her that it was a wonder he hadn't had a little "incident" prior to now, given his fits... It busted the skin and she said that it bled for quite a while, but the "lady" there didn't seem to think it needed stitches and she was right. It scabbed over fine and changed many different colors before it completely healed. He didn't seem too bothered by it, but we gave him Tylenol the following day just for comfort.
Day of "incident"
Day of "incident"
Morning after...
That night...

2nd morning... looking pretty rough...

3rd day...


We realize this is only the beginning and that there are more than likely many more "incidents" to come, but we are glad his eye is better and we, including Lawson, just love Miss Shelby.
The newest trick...

He isn't ready to go in for dinner.




2nd morning... looking pretty rough...
3rd day...
We realize this is only the beginning and that there are more than likely many more "incidents" to come, but we are glad his eye is better and we, including Lawson, just love Miss Shelby.
The newest trick...
He isn't ready to go in for dinner.
However, dinner was good...
Signing "All Done"

One of his new words is ball. We decided to get him a ball and he loves it! We aren't sure whether he is going to possess the athletic ability that is obviously absent in the make-up of his parents, but none-the-less, he is loving this 74-cent soccer ball from Target.


He loves to sit in the recliner... and he is trying to figure the "rocking" part out.
One of his new words is ball. We decided to get him a ball and he loves it! We aren't sure whether he is going to possess the athletic ability that is obviously absent in the make-up of his parents, but none-the-less, he is loving this 74-cent soccer ball from Target.
When he actually kicks the ball, a barrell of laughter flows from him... so cute!
A fun bath! Lawson received these bathtub markers for his 1st birthday, however I had decided to put them away for a little while longer. We decided to pull them out last Saturday night... they are GREAT! He absolutely loved them!!! We wrote on the wall, we wrote on him, and he wrote on us! It was lots of fun and ended with tears as he didn't want to put them away!
Awww...poor Lawson. Glad the eye got well. It's hard not to freak out when they get hurt (especially on their sweet little faces), can you imagine if you'd been there when it happened. I would have panicked myself if I saw blood! ha! He is cute Selena, and growing up fast! We'll have to try those bath markers. Sadie is having a hard time grasping the color with crayons concept. So I need to try markers probably, or better yet, bath markers!
ReplyDelete