The Bragg Family Blog

The Bragg Family Blog

Thursday, August 27, 2009

The 89th Annual Vanderburgh County 4-H Fair

This year was Vanderburgh County's 89th Annual 4-H Fair!

Russ was a part of the 4-H livestock show and auction again this year through Cargill. They have the opportunity to give back to the agricultural community by sponsoring young 4-H-ers through a livestock auction. This is very enjoyable for him and his sales team.

On Saturday morning, we decided to take Lawson to see the animals and he thoroughly enjoyed himself... I am not sure whether the animals or the tractors were the most exciting for him!



The stroller didn't last very long...

For some reason, I really like this picture... I think it might be that my two favorite people are standing behind a good ole' Holstein cow like the ones that I grew up with.

Now to the tractors... he is such a natural.

People were getting a kick out of him waving as they walked by...


This is my favorite tractor picture...


I like this one, too. We have no clue what made him decide to reach down and attempt to pull on the lever/knob/gear/whatever it may have been, but it was really funny.

We left the fair discussing agriculture and the impact it has had on our lives, making us the people we are today. Living in a "city setting", it is so easy to forget the hard work and the "beauty" of agriculture. We are both very thankful for our agriculture backgrounds... We are hopeful that at some point in time our children will also have the opportunity to experience the rewards of agriculture in their lives.
How thankful we are for the farmers and ranchers that grow and produce our food.
May their harvests be plenty and full of blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment... I love hearing from you!