The Bragg Family Blog

The Bragg Family Blog

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Lawson's Latest

Our summer break is quickly coming to an end as today is officially the last day of summer break for teachers. Tomorrow and Friday are training days and then next week is the big week!

The past week or so has been busy and I haven't taken the time to run upstairs to post a few note-worthy events... no matter how busy you are, life still goes on and memories are still made... I am thankful we captured these memories!

Lawson is doing very well and is growing, learning, and developing more and more each day! His "fits" are becoming less frequent and he has added two new words to his vocabulary this week. "Uh-oh" was a favorite a few months ago, but is STRONG and clear at this point... even when the "uh-oh" is intentional! Gotta love the sound of the sippy cup hitting the floor for the 5th time, followed by the sweet sound of "uh-oh"! : ) As to the two new words, he is saying "bah" for ball and "doh" for dog. Not sure on the word count for 18 months, but at 14 months there are officially 8 words in his vocabulary. He has also added a new noise when asked, "what does a cow say?" and he replies back in his motorcycle-type noise, "bbbmmmvvv". As I said previously, learning. : )

Just a few recent snapshots...

He loves the vacuum cleaner.






Here he is bouncing the "bah"...

As we were growing up, my mom and dad often called us 'curtain climbers' and I am certain it must be hereditary. Lawson will climb up on anything within his reach!
I was putting something away above the refrigerator and as soon as I got down, he started up.

He is so proud of himself!
Sitting in the toy basket...

He has discovered the air coming out of the air vents...
Where is Lawson?
Peek-a-boo!


Following Thane...
When we lived in Mandan, we would often keep our friends' son, Thane. Not having children, we didn't have any toys so he would always arrive with toys in hand. One night he was with us, and for some reason, found my curling iron and flat iron and at that point, the toys were history! He LOVED playing with them, pulling them around by the cord just as Lawson is doing here. He fled with them as I was getting ready one morning this past week and I discovered him in the living room!

Found Dad's shoes...
Don't I look great sportin' Dad's shoes, in my PJs?

Happy Lawson!


Sprinkling the mulch is just as much fun as sprinkling the sand!

Eating supper while dancing and singing to Disney Sing-a-long


Oh, my, goodness!!!
I am convinced that toilet paper needs to be on baby registries for the transition into the "toddler stage"...
I have seen many cute toilet paper pictures including babies, but when you have to clean several rolls up, according to us, it is not so cute. However, he was having a ball!

And oh, yes... he has started holding toilet paper, Kleenex, napkin, whatever to his nose making a "bllllll" noise and I must admit, it is pretty cute.



For some reason, I just love to see him stand on his tip-toes. How cool are our toes that they can raise our height an inch or two and how cool is it that he, along with other babies, just did this without being told. We are fearfully and wonderfully made...
I took this when I noticed what was going on, but was too late to catch the "action" part. He was attempting to reach the DVD player so he moved his radio over, stood on top of it, and sure enough, he reached it!

Riding the ranger with Grandmother and Granddad... He LOVES to ride around the farm!
Cool Farmer Lawson!
Under the table is one of Lawson's favorite little places and yes, he is playing with a Swiffer Duster, which he thoroughly enjoys.
That one belongs specifically to him!

Working on the lawn mower...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment... I love hearing from you!