The Bragg Family Blog

The Bragg Family Blog

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Noteworthy {funny}

A conversation with a 4th grader yesterday caused a great laugh, and I certainly don't want to forget it...

We had a 70's Disco Dance at school as a reward for the past six-week's grades, and several classes, including my own, stopped at the restroom for a break before returning to class.

I was visiting with another teacher when a little boy from another class came over and tapped me on the arm... I looked down to answer him, and this conversation unfolded:

M:  "Ummm... Mrs. Selena, have you gained a little weight lately?"

Me:  "Why, yes, M, I have gained a little weight lately, 27 pounds to be exact"... pause... he had a confused look on his face...  I then asked, "M, do you know why I have gained a little weight lately?"

M:  "NO!"  Still looking very confused...

Me:  "I'm going to have a baby soon!"

He began laughing with excitement as he loudly announced to his teacher, along with everyone else in the hallway that, "Mrs. Selena is having a baby!!"  :)

It was so funny, and oddly enough, he is not the only student to recently ask this.  35 weeks today, with a hopeful induction date that is 4 weeks from Friday... 29 days and counting!  We are so excited, and have so much for which to be thankful as we celebrate this holiday season!  Baby Barnes, you better hang tight for 29 days - by December 27 your mama and daddy will surely be ready.  :)

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family, and thanks to M for such a great pregnancy memory!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment... I love hearing from you!