The Bragg Family Blog

The Bragg Family Blog

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Just What I Needed...

Hello,

Yes, I am still here… weary and thankful, but here.

On December 27, we welcomed our sweet baby boy, Barnes, into our family.  It was a beautiful day, and he has brought such joy to our home.  The joy of a baby can be difficult to remember as your children get older.  We love him dearly.  He is perfect and precious - a gift.

It has actually been a much easier transition than we could have ever imagined.  Easier to go from two children to three, than it was from one child to two.  Crazy, but true.

In addition to the joy and love, he's also brought sleepless nights.  Something else that is hard to remember.  He is so peaceful during the day, and around 9:30 at night he begins to fuss and cry, which typically ends around 12:00-12:30.  It's currently 12:14, and he's still awake.  Hence the weariness.

Since he's been born, and we've been home, I have spent a great deal of time on the couch, in front of the TV, feeding and cuddling.  I would venture to say far more in the past two-and-a-half weeks than in an average month; I'm not a TV girl.  And even if I was,  it's always turned to Disney Junior, or some type of ball game, which unless it's a hockey game or a basketball game, I'm typically not interested.  Basically, it's rare that I will be sitting and watching TV.  With that said, I have found a couple of things that I kind of like: HGTV and The Today Show.  Nothing too exciting, but overall enjoyable.

This morning as I was watching HGTV - some type of renovation/refresh/house hunter/something of the sort - the sweetest commercial came on.  My sleepy eyes quickly perked up, and as the words unfolded, combined with the sweet babies, tears fell down my cheeks.  It's nothing fancy, nor is it ground-breaking… it is full of baby smiles combined with confidence and love for their mama.  Click here if you're interested in this sweet commercial.

It was heartwarming for this weary mama.  Although I am weary, I am thankful for this bundle of joy, and Johnson & Johnson's commercial was just what I needed today.

More to come with the details of his special day… his birthday.  :)

P.S. It's now 12:58 and he is currently sleeping in his swing - thank you, Lord.  You do what you have to do.  I will move him to his cradle shortly, and pray that he stays asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment... I love hearing from you!