Three children. Three little boys, or shall I say, three little Bragg boys! :)
The last part of the above statement makes this mama's heart smile!!! Russ and I are so excited about this sweet baby boy that's growing stronger each day, and we sincerely look forward to that special day that he joins our family. We already love him... so much that it's crazy. It seems as though we thoroughly understand the love for our boys, and how much stronger it continually grows, that we can hardly wait to hold and cuddle this sweet baby boy. We are very excited!
Lawson and Emmitt are also excited, and to be honest, I was a little concerned about the possibility of having to tell them that we were having a girl as Lawson has continually said, in a confident manner, "We will be doomed if it's a baby sister!!!!!!"... Ha! It has been so funny, (and somewhat concerning), mainly because we have no clue where he heard the word "doomed", and furthermore that he understood the meaning, combined with the reality that it COULD be a girl... who knows, but he seemed relieved that it was a boy. :) And as a good friend said, "more horse trailers", and I then added... more baseballs, basketballs, bats, etc... they don't yet realize that they will have another person to share all those things with since it's a boy. :) They will figure it out.
Many have asked about his name... his name will be Haverson Barnes Bragg. We aren't sure what we will call him just yet, but as of today, we will call him Barnes. :) As to the significance of his name, Haverson is an older man's name whom Russ has played golf with in South Carolina on a few occasions, and we simply like it. Barnes is from Russ' college roommate whose life was cut short due to a car accident, and is very special to us. His name warms our heart and makes us smile, and we love it. I look forward to a few blankets with his initials on them soon. And since I have no baby boy things as we thought we were "done", I have already picked up some new things... even though this is the third round of baby boy blue things, it was still so much fun to pick new things out; they are so yummy to me! :)
And a little record for my memory:
How far along: 16 weeks, 1 day
Total weight gain/loss: 4 lbs.
Belly button in or out: In... hoping for it to stay that way as it did with the first two.
Maternity Clothes: Absolutely. Since like 5 weeks!!
Sleep: Sleeping great! If only Emmitt would get past his routine-wake-up every morning between the hours of 3:30-4:30 A.M.
Movement: every now and then
Food cravings: cereal with milk is SO good to me, pancakes, KN Cheeseburgers and tater tots, Hostess (!!!) powdered white donuts (my excitement for the return of Hostess is indescribable!), pizza, grape juice, water. Thankful for caffeine free Coke. :) None of this is very healthy, is it? :)
Aversions: No Mexican since about 4 weeks pregnant, no sausage - which I love, any hamburger-meat-combination, like taco salad or spaghetti or homemade hamburgers/cheeseburgers, BBQ, ice cream/milk shakes which is crazy, I know.
Labor signs: nope
Best moment: ultrasound to confirm gender
What I miss: skinny ankles... seems SO early for swollen ankles, sleeping on my stomach, my cute p.j.'s and gowns as I refuse to spend so much money on big prego mama p.j.'s, and my natural posture. My stomach is already pulling me forward when sitting for long periods of time.
What I'm looking forward to: working on the nursery and the boys' new room that they will be sharing, my sister's wedding showers, and our long weekend camping trip that's coming up.
Wisdom at this point in time: Remember to enjoy the exhaustion, weight gain, side sleeping, chubby ankles, maternity clothes, over sized t-shirts for sleeping, tightening seat belt, etc., as this will be the last pregnancy, unless God has other plans.
And that's all I've got tonight. Baby Barnes, we love you. Very much. :)
Thank you, Lord, for this sweet baby... we pray we will both be healthy.
Thanks for reading... it's almost the weekend!!
This is so exciting to read. All of those things we loathe during pregnancy quickly pass. And it's uncertain if we will experience again. Enjoy those moments and I'm glad Lawson got his Lille brother!
ReplyDeleteSelena and Russ, I am a little behind hearing your big news. Congrats! Reading that you will name him Barnes brought warmth to my heart and tears to my eyes. Looking forward to more updates on your growing family!
ReplyDelete