The Bragg Family Blog

The Bragg Family Blog

Friday, December 28, 2012

ICE! Shrek the Halls

On Saturday, December 15, we traveled over to Nashville to visit Opryland's ICE! display, "Shrek the Halls!".

We met my sister and Luke, and had a great time!  I'm going to let the pictures speak for themselves,  however here is the link to Opryland's ICE! information, if you're interested.

The entire display that you will see in the following pictures is built/carved/designed out of ice.  It was really "cool", I mean COLD!!  :)




It was a frigid 9 degrees in the ICE! area, and these lovely blue parkas were supplied to keep you warm.  Emmitt DID NOT like them.  At all.  Not one little bit.









"Look, Mom, it's Puss 'N Boots!"


The Three Little Pigs. 
Lawson is acting like them, and Emmitt is finally happy because we agreed to let him take off the blue parka.




=The ICE! slide area=





Sisters!

 
Lawson sliding!


Aunt Julie and Uncle Luke sliding!


Emmitt didn't get to go down the slide as he wasn't tall enough.  He keeps saying, "me get bigger, and me go down swide nex year in Naffville, mom?" :)  
I assure him over and over again that "next year" he can go down the slide.  
Next year probably = 5 years
***

=Our family with Shrek=



=Luke and Julie with Shrek=



The fire was even ice... and do you see the wreath?  So neat.









The final part of the ICE! tour included a life-size nativity scene.  It was beautiful, and the story of Jesus' birth was being told over the speakers.  This made it worth the money, for sure.








We left the ICE! display, and walked ten miles over to Opry Mills Mall to do a little shopping.  It was a little busy, to say the least, but the boys did well, all things considered, and I landed some great deals!


The night was complete with dinner at Outback, and then to bed at a hotel in Columbia, TN, where we visited our previous church family the next morning!



Thanks to Julie and Luke for helping with our boys, and for the great memories... we had a blast!

1 comment:

  1. Looks AWESOME!!!! I can imagine how exciting it was :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment... I love hearing from you!