This past Wednesday, Lawson attended his newest school here in Martin.
Our family is very excited about the opportunity for him to be attending UTM's Children's Center.
Here he is on his first day.
There is a real, adult-size basketball goal in his new room.
By all means, he had to wear his jersey.
After nine months on the waiting list, we received a call from Mrs. LeeAnn for a part-time position.
He is currently going to school Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
Mrs. LeeAnn's phone call resulted in smiles and thanksgiving for answered prayers the remainder of the day.
We are very excited!
A few memories from his first day according to him:
I drank all of my milk in a big boy cup.
I played basketball with McCall.
My new friends are Barrett, McCall, Nolan, and Cody.
I didn't like the lunch.
I can't take my shoes off at nap time.
And for our memory...
I dropped him off around 8:30. He jumped right in like he'd been going there forever.
He can stay as late as 5:20.
Around 3:00 I became anxious to pick him up, however decided to wait until 3:30 as they have afternoon activities in which I knew he would be participating.
When I got there to get him, he was still playing and immediately began to cry, begging me to come back later to pick him up.
I left and came back about forty-five minutes and, once again, he began to cry.
I carried him out in tears.
He loves his new school.
We are so pleased.
Emmitt will also be going once they have an opening.
Thank you, so much, God, for answered prayers. We see you working in our life, and for that, we are thankful.
Tears of joy on the first day of school! I'd say that's a success. So excited for Lawson to be at the Children's Center!!
ReplyDelete