Warning: This post dances on the edge of picture overload.
We've been very busy lately. As a teacher, the month of January always seemed to drag on, and on, and on. Strangely enough, the winter months seem to be moving quickly, and we've made lots of memories along the way.
We closed January with my dad's birthday on the 31st. We celebrated with a BBQ dinner and birthday cake at my dad and Anita's house. The kids played and had a great time, too. In attendance were my dad, Anita, Abby, Daddy Denton, Mama B, Grammy, and us.
Abby, Lawson, and Emmitt
The following pictures are snapshots from our time at home during the day... I am guessing I take approximately ten to fifteen pictures every day so bare with me; it's been a while since I've posted any of our "every day memories"...
Lawson and Emmitt find Granny's wheel chair quite entertaining. And she doesn't mind if I give them a spin every now and then. :)
They've really begun to play together. Emmitt seems to be slowly picking up a few social-isms for playing with another child... he likes to say, "mine!". He's so normal.
This hair cutting episode was so cute, but I spared you the other ten pictures that I took.
You're welcome. :)
This was about 10 minutes of airplane fun... I had to include them all.
I finally caught the missile in mid-air!
We love Imaginext toys!
Russ was in Orlando for a meeting in January, and brought back a Mickey Mouse for each boy.
We can't believe how much they are enjoying this stuffed animal; they sleep with him every night.
Why do laundry baskets bring so much joy?
My kids love them. And me, not so much.
He is SO mad at his brother for being in that laundry basket.
And even madder because there is nothing he can do to get him out.
It's finally his turn and he's all smiles!
Suddenly, out of the blue, the weather warmed up and allowed us some outside time, which was so nice!
We played soccer on the front porch at our new house one morning.
(and Emmitt rode his tractor right down the front steps... no ER visit, thank goodness!)
We also got some outside time one afternoon here at Grandmother and Granddad's...
Boys like to dig and "investigate"...
... and climb trees.
Buttercups are not supposed to be coming up in February!
Sweet Mr. Emmitt... what can I say?
We saw our shadow on February 1!!
Lawson is growing up so quickly, and is all about sports these days...
I turned around to see Emmitt "hiding" in the tree.
He began to laugh when he realized I had found him.
Parker joined in on our fun, too!
And wrapping "lately" up with a few indoor memories...
There's nothing like daddy at bedtime.
Bubbles are so much fun!
We are absolutely LOVING Emmitt's little language these days.
"Bub-bles" comes out so perfectly!
I have no idea how this next set of memories even came about, but he wanted his picture taken to see how high he was jumping, so here you go big brother... you're looking good.
And lastly...
oh.my.goodness.gracious.
Being the sports guy that he is these days, Lawson selected NBA Valentine's Day cards which was perfectly fine with me, however I didn't notice the tattoos that were tagging along in the box. Ugh.
He looked totally cool, I know, but really?
Do Valentine's Day cards and tattoos really go together?
Oh, well. I'm hoping we haven't ruined him. ha!
He was absolutely loving these NBA tattoos.
Don't worry. These delightfully tacky tattoos were not sent home with his friends.
That's why we had all 36 of them... and little brother was far from interested.
That's all for tonight.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of your week!




Great photos!
ReplyDelete