So, lots has been going on at our house lately...
Lawson has a new book that he can read all by himself... Blue Hat, Green Hat. He is reading it to Emmitt.
It has like three words per page, but he loves to read it, and it is very funny.
He cleaned out one of the cabinets and decided to have a seat in this big pan. It was thrown away later in the day as it was destroyed. Imagine that. :)
We met some friends from church at the park one morning and had a great time. Emmitt had to sit in his stroller most of the time... :( not much longer, I hope!
It was a GREAT park for children, by the way!
This is the only pic I got that morning... and there was another little boy named Emmitt playing there.
-Song Leader Lawson-
His "glove" is in his "pocket"... :)
We discovered this "wall" not long after arriving home from Sam's with a large package of paper towels... we can't turn our back these days.
It quickly turned into this...
...and eventually, this...
Who knew paper towels could be so much fun?
I am working on "laughing" these days rather than having my feathers ruffled.
This was one time that I laughed, and am glad I did. :)
===
It has been one HOT summer. We've enjoyed the sprinkler on a few occasions.
:)
Bubbles make everyone smile, don't they?
We found the cutest fire-truck-bubble-blower at Marshall's, and they love it!
We got the chance to swim with friends one weekend while in Martin.
My best friend, Jennifer, and her husband have a pool at their new house and it was so refreshing and relaxing!
Mr. Emmitt
Taking a sucker break...
-Rhett-
He is quite the swimmer and so bravely jumps from the diving board!
Love this picture!
-We are in this crazy "cheeeeezze" stage-
Miss Ruby Claire... she is so sweet!!! Could you sop her up with a biscuit or what?!
She was like a little fish loving that swimming pool!
:)
It was a fun afternoon!
===
Emmitt's first "part"...
Minute to Win It is back on for the summer so you can imagine what it is like the day or two after we watch it... he loves it, but his level of "playing" can be exhausting! And coming up with activities for him to "win" as you count for one minute, and talk on the big speaker, and cheer him on... and then you try again... and then you clap and hug and jump up and down when he "wins". Over and over and over again. Exhausting, but worth it, I suppose. :)
In addition to Minute to Win It, America's Got Talent is also on... Tuesday night T.V. is great!!
America's Got Talent is my all-time favorite summer show. I can hardly wait for the next Tuesday night to roll around!
===
He's into puzzles these days... he can do this one by himself.
And yes, the curtains are hung the wrong way. Russ was out of town when they were purchased meaning they weren't hung until after he got back. I mentioned it is HOT here, so I hung them sideways on three pant hangers and voila! They at least covered up part of the hot afternoon sun.
Sadly, I don't recall taking this picture, and maybe I didn't, but nonetheless, Emmitt must have had fun with the puzzle, too.
Lawson has enjoyed "camping out" in his tent a couple of nights over the past few weeks.
The goal is for him to SLEEP, so whatever works is good with us.
He loves his tent that his Nana gave him last Christmas, and his sleeping bag that Daddy Bell and Ms. Anita gave him for his birthday.
This is a first... Emmitt fell asleep in his high chair while waiting for me to come clean him up. Neither of them have ever done this.
With it being so hot out, I've been pulling new things out of the hat. I had some water paints so we gave them a whirl and he had so much fun!
And he's about to get it...
And lastly, the heat seems to bring on the storms these days. These clouds were beautiful the other afternoon. The silver lining was so vibrant that I had to take a pic.
My big camera is in the shop for a cleaning as clarity has decreased over the past few months, so I am using my point and shoot which is not always as clear, but trust me... they were beautiful!
I believe that is all... as you can see, lots of memories have been made at our house lately.
Thanks for reading... I hope you enjoy your weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for the comment... I love hearing from you!