The Bragg Family Blog

The Bragg Family Blog

Monday, March 7, 2011

According to Lawson

Over the past few weeks Lawson has shared some of his wisdom with us causing big smiles and giggles... we don't want to forget his comments and thoughts therefore I am going to record them right here.

- One morning as Lawson stood staring in the pantry as if he was hungry, I began to go through his available options... "cereal?... crackers?... poptart?... granola bar?..."  He stopped me here and said, "granola bars are for monkeys, mom"...

Did you know that?  Learn something new everyday, right?

- One night I was sitting on the ottoman talking to Russ when Lawson came over to me and said, "I'm a tiger, I eat you," and he then proceeded to gnaw on my forearm.  I immediately jerked my arm from his mouth telling him "no, tigers don't eat people!"  He said, "uh-huh, I show you".  At that time he walked away towards his room, Russ and I continued talking, and I thought nothing more of it.  Less than two minutes later he's back with his Bible.  He opens it and says, "see mom... those tigers will eat you so you have to pray!" 


I was speechless... Daniel in the Lion's Den... he got the important part of the story... prayer.

I must share this to preface the next instance.  Our previous pediatrician in Evansville was Dr. Lopez and we loved her!  Well, Dora's doctor is also Dr. Lopez and we have the Dora book where Dora goes to see Dr. Lopez for her check-up.  Lawson loves this book and it is very worn due to the frequency of it being read... it is read almost every night.

- Russ was reading Dora to Lawson before tucking him in and they were going through Dora's check-up when they got to the part where Dr. Lopez was listening to Dora's heart.  Russ said, "Lawson, who lives in your heart?"  And Lawson said, "Jesus!"  and Russ said, "that's right".  A few minutes later he said, "Jesus goes bump-bump, bump-bump, bump-bump."  Bump-bump is what Dr. Lopez hears when she listens to Dora's heart. 

So, to sum it up, he was telling Russ that Jesus lives in his heart and says, "bump-bump, bump-bump, bump-bump".  As to hearts, ours were touched that very night.

- It was a Sunday night at church meaning the children were in the auditorium as there are no children's classes on Sunday nights.  We had finally gotten settled and were quiet.  Eric, our preacher, was introducing his message and used the word "valuable".  Within seconds Lawson looked at me and in a whisper he said, "hey mom, this is valuable",  placing the influence on the word just as Eric had done.

We love you, Mr. Lawson Bragg.

1 comment:

  1. Lawson is SO SMART!! He can't even read yet but he can still tell when I'm not doing a very good job at reading him his bedtime story! Haha! I love him!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment... I love hearing from you!