This past Saturday night after eating dinner, we took a Christmas light tour of Columbia.
There are many beautiful light displays throughout the city, however this one steals the show! Last week our friend, Rachele, who went to school at Mizzou here in Columbia posted a link and pictures on her blog recommending us stopping by to see The MAGIC Tree. I am so thankful that she shared this as it is the most beautiful Christmas display I have ever seen. We have driven by many times, with Lawson's window down, (we started a habit that has been hard to break while looking at Christmas lights), however we haven't had our camera so we had planned to stop back by to get pictures.
It is truly magical and lovely. It causes you to smile. It is fantasy-like and loved by those of all ages; even Emmitt was fascinated by it. The pictures turned out great!
Just a few tidbits of information about the tree...
- The Magic Tree is created by Mr. Will Treelighter.
- The Magic Tree was once located at his home, however it has been recently moved to The Cherry Hill subdivision/community as the number of visitors became too large for his home to accommodate, which he considered a happy problem.
- This is The Magic Tree's 16th year.
- This year's tree has about 15,000 incandescent mini lights, 15,000 LED lights, 7,500 color changing LED lights in three varieties, (the changing lights make it beautiful and magical in my eyes). That totals 37,500 lights!
- It took Mr. Treelighter approximately 40 hours to put the lights on the tree.
- This year's Magic Tree has approximately half the lights last year's tree had... yes, 37,500 lights is half of last year's tree... I wish you all could have seen it!
- You can visit the tree on-line at The Magic Tree.
A few pictures are below... I honestly have few words as the pictures speak for themselves.
This is the North Pole according to Lawson; I LOVE his imagination!
A family pic plus a little girl. :) There are people everywhere!
Emmitt didn't have a coat as it is too hard to buckle him in his seat with one on, so I had to bundle him the best I could, and we only stayed a few minutes. Russ and Lawson played for a few minutes longer once we went to the truck.
Me and the boys
Lawson in the gazebo
The courtyard/park area of the Cherry Hill community
It was a magical night with an uplifting feeling that fueled our Christmas spirit!
Thanks for the information, Rachele!
Merry Christmas!
that is amazing!
ReplyDeleteand i must say, those rosy cheeks and noses on the boys are too cute!