They had been predicting snow since Wednesday night and it was continually pushed back with regard to arrival time and to be quite honest, I didn't expect even one little flake. By Friday morning, they were saying 1-2 inches in Evansville, but I wasn't convinced... we got home from eating dinner around 7:30 with nothing. I put Lawson down around 8:20, and walked by the front windows and much to my surprise, the street was suddenly white! It was beautifully and peacefully falling...
My faith in the weatherman was somewhat restored this morning as we awoke to 7 inches of snow, although it was 6 inches more than he predicited. I had not made the urgent grocery run last night as I was certain there was no need... my anxiety level rose significantly this morning as I noticed the milk in the frig expires tomorrow AND I had no Coke... why didn't I just trust the weatherman??!!
The day went on and many household accomplishments were made including a Bonus Room overhaul. Granny - I will post some pictures just for you later! And following Lawson's afternoon nap, we played outside for about 45 minutes and then made a quick grocery run. Playing outside was SNOOOOW much fun! Lawson LOVES the snow!
We got dressed and bless his heart, living here in Evansville, snowpants/suits are not the norm as they were in North Dakota so I struggled on what to put on him; he seemed to fair ok in his blue jeans and boots. I was hoping to put the puffy red coat on as I believe it would be warmer, but I am not sure what I was thinking... the green coat was a go!
He was so excited --- he kept saying,"outside? noooo?" Followed with an exaggerated nod of the head, nodding it "YES!" (noooo=snow in Lawson's language.) It was great fun and he thoroughly enjoyed himself. He not only enjoyed playing in the snow, but also had several handfuls of snow before our playtime was up... I suppose it was ok for him to have a few snowball snacks. : ) I absolutely love the pictures and posted way more than necessary - I took 112!!!!! eeks! Didn't realize I had taken that many until I downloaded them and I added several for our families to enjoy. They really are cute!
He's ready to go outside!
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this picture!! Melts my heart!
And this one, too!
Alex and Brenna were across the street shoveling their drive and he was extremely interested in what they were doing.
those pictures are precious! i can't believe you got 7 inches!
ReplyDeleteif it makes you feel better, we are almost out of diapers (bad planning on my part)! hope you guys enjoy another SNOOOOW day!