Last night, we went out for a fast 7:00 supper to Chick-fil-a due to Russ' late afternoon meeting combined with my lack of motivation to cook and clean up the kitchen. We were out of school for Martin Luther King, Jr. Day and I flat out didn't feel like cooking, so off we went. It is a safe place to eat as Lawson eats their chicken nuggets very well and loves the cole slaw just like his mama. : ) Anyway, Russ has helped me develop a liking to their milkshakes. I have always considered myself a Sonic milkshake fan, but we haven't eaten there since I was sickly pregnant with Lawson and I don't plan to go back, so I decided to give Chick-fil-a milkshakes a try and they are pretty good. The chocolate is the best and after tonight, Lawson also gives them a thumbs up!
He has learned to drink out of a straw really well over the past couple of weeks and he is so proud when he gets to do so. Once we were home, I allowed him to try my milkshake and he LOVED it! His happiness with the chocolate milkshake is quite obvious in the following pictures...
Lastly, we spent the past weekend in Martin as it was a three-day weekend for me. We left Friday afternoon and returned Sunday night around 8:00 pm. While we were there, we made a quick trip to Jackson to return a few Christmas gifts of which Mom had the receipts. Our last stop for the day was Target. I didn't really need anything, but Mom wanted to stop so I had to shop! You always need something at Target, right? I actually found lots of neat things on clearance, including a few blankets for Emmitt.
After finding out we were going to have another boy, I thought to myself, "well, this should be easy... we already have everything we need!" However, as time has passed, the "necessities" that I thought we already had are truly necessities, meaning they were and are continuing to be well used. Specifically, blankets and burp cloths.... besides bedding and a homecoming outfit, he is going to have to have a few new things just for him! Lawson and I found this little 3-pack blanket set on clearance for $7.98 and they are just perfect for our baby brother! They are a nice weight for a spring/summer baby and are the perfect size, as well. These blankets are the only thing I have bought for him and it was so exciting... I look forward to finding a few more things just for him! So excited about our baby brother, Emmitt, or "Mitt" as Lawson says! : )
Lawson showing me Emmitt's blankets... what a deal!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for the comment... I love hearing from you!