The Bragg Family Blog

The Bragg Family Blog

Monday, July 2, 2012

5th Grade

Good golly, lots has happened over the past few weeks, and I didn't realize quite how much until I downloaded my pictures... almost 200 new pictures were on my camera!!  Where has the time gone?!

Life has been super busy with the move, tee-ball games, birthdays, our anniversary, AND answered prayers... While there are many pictures and lots of stories to share, today I am going to share only one picture, and an answered prayer.

You may remember last August, I posted here about my love for teaching and the overwhelming feeling of sadness that came about me when I discovered the back-to-school section while shopping in Target... well, my friends, after much prayer, I will be teaching 5th grade in August!!!  I am SO EXCITED, and feel so good about this new journey...

Here's how it goes...

- I will get to teach in my hometown and home county where Russ and I also went to school, except it's a new building.
I will be teaching in the same school with Mrs. Jane, my mother-in-law; she teaches 3rd grade. 
- I will be teaching with a great girl with whom we went to school, grades K-12.
- BOTH of our boys will get to go to UTM's Children's Center every day, receiving some of the best care in Weakley County... and although it's going to "rock" the boat here at our house, as we are used to the stay-home-mom schedule, {or lack thereof}, we are very excited about what's to come.  Emmitt doesn't want to go to school, and is quite adamant about it, but it will be so good for him.  He is finally saying, "my turn", when attempting to share with his brother, but a daily structured routine, among other boys and girls, will be great.  And we're pretty sure he will love it once he gets there.

So, that's all for now.  I just wanted to share our good news, and praise God for answered prayers.

Here's the one picture I mentioned above...



Russ was out of town when I received the call from the principal, and sent me these beautiful flowers... it was such a sweet surprise.  He's the best, I tell ya.

The next few weeks are going to be be very busy with the continual unpack here at the house, welcoming Baby Weston just any day, preparing for my new 5th graders, and enjoying the last few weeks of my stay-home-mom career.

Thank you, so much, Lord, for this opportunity... the best is yet to come here in Martin!  

Have a great week, everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your 5th grade job!! I know its such a blessing to finally find a job you're excited about!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you, Hilary! It's so sweet of you to leave a comment... I enjoy following you, and hope you have a Happy 4th!

      Delete
  2. hip, hip, hooray for selena!!! mom and i were talking this weekend and she asked if you were going to be teaching at MES. i told her i hadn't heard but hoped you found something. that is just perfect and i am very excited for you...and your future students.
    now, drive to jax to target and sniff the fresh pencils and crayons!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha!!! Girl, I was there on Saturday, and there were NO school supplies... Just a big empty section waiting to be filled. :) But don't worry, I will make my way there in the next week or so! I'm afraid this month is going to FLY BY!!!

      Thanks for the sweet comment... Have a happy 4th!!!

      Delete

Thanks for the comment... I love hearing from you!