One day last week, the Master of Disaster {Emmitt}, made his presence known.
All in ONE day, he accomplished the following:
First off was the Vanilla Wafers...
Next the drawer full of hotel samples. Russ travels often and always brings these little samples back. We have great intentions of our "guests" using them, but guests have been few and far between here in Mid Mo.
He was having so much fun!
As I was returning the samples to their drawer, I rounded the corner to find him with this mess in his bedroom... he is fast, I tell ya.
Later that afternoon was the kitchen cabinet. It has a lock on it, mind you.
And in closing for the night, he demolished Lawson's art desk. He got out of the tub first and as I was getting Lawson out and drying him off, I heard the mess occurring on the other side of the wall. I knew immediately what was happening.
This is the most frustrating of all of his messes. I have started locking Lawson's bedroom door to prevent this mess. And you can bet your bottom dollar that if the door is open, he will wipe the markers out like a tornado coming through. Once he so happily has them scattered on the floor he then eats them, colors the carpet, walls, chair, desk, you name it. Thank goodness they are washable. I have no idea how he manages to do this so quickly before we even realize he's gone. I know this will pass... soon, I hope.
Another blogging Tennessee friend mentioned that her older son didn't get into as much as her youngest simply because there wasn't as much to get into. I totally agree. :)
Lawson is so patiently waiting to be dried off...
All cleaned up and ready for bed... and yes, that is what he wore to bed. Everything else was dirty and these two pieces were at the bottom of the drawer so this is what he wore to bed. I'm sure that some of you understand. :) Whatever works when it comes to getting them to bed.
And I will also mention that this desk is probably his favorite and most used gift he received for Christmas last year; he uses it almost every day, and loves it!
Thanks for reading, and enjoy your weekend!
Not so funny for Mommy, but pretty precious memories! Marshall completely wears me out. I cannot keep the house picked up unless he's asleep. My anal pick everything up every night ways have changed since #2 came along and now everything might be put back in its place once a week. It just isn't worth the trouble. The boys look identical to me. I'm sure they don't to you, but my goodness they're like twins! Beautiful, always smiling twins. Can you imagine what that would be like? Twin boys? Let's don't go there. The desk looks awesome. I might need details on that one.
ReplyDelete