It was a fun, uneventful night... we had plans of attending a nice Halloween party, but after a quick trip to Selmer to look at furniture (putting us late to the party), and Russ being out of town, we decided to play it low-key.
Mom helped me dress the boys and we were off! Lawson is at a fun age with regard to getting into the excitement of events, holidays, etc.
He wanted to be a baseball player which was an easy pleaser. A pair of x-small baseball pants from Dick's, and a Cardinals "jersey" from the awesome Super Wal-Mart in Columbia made our Lawson a happy boy! $14 pants + $15 jersey = $29... I was happy and so was he! We purchased the pants several weeks ago, and he was less than enthused. The jersey however, was a fave! He wore it for approximately 48 hours straight before I washed it and hid it until tonight. He slept in it and all. He is sleeping in it right now. :) Whatever works after a late night with Halloween candy. He looked cute, and he was happy!
As to Mr. Emmitt... I had not planned to dress him up. I didn't dress Lawson up for his first Halloween and felt quite guilty when I got to school to see all of his infant friends in costumes. My practicality certainly did not "shine" as a mom that day and it almost got in the way this year. Russ and I were at Macy's in Columbia SATURDAY when I spotted a sweet little puppy costume that was 60% off and Russ twisted my arm. :) Had the price checked and $9.99 sold me! I am happy I went for it. He was adorable and sooo happy! Daddy Denton asked me at least three times if he was always so happy... not so much, but tonight was a "treat". So, even though I waited until the very last minute, he was festive and sweet.
As to trick-or-treating, the party would have been a blast I am certain, but the time we spent with my grandparents was very relaxing and enjoyable for all. We began at Grandmother and Granddaddy's where he scored lots of chocolate. Reeses' cups were quite enjoyable for him and a Snickers bar for me. Looking forward to supper at their house tomorrow night; will be delicious, no doubt.
Next was Mama B and Daddy Denton's where he enjoyed Gummi Life Savers, cheese ball and crackers, Hershey kisses, and Dr. Pepper (8 PM eeks!). Emmitt rolled ALL OVER the living room floor as Lawson played a nice and noisy tune on the piano... fun times!
Mr. Emmitt, the puppy... I am convinced he was wanting me to scratch his belly.
He got stuck... I like this picture because of the wastebasket. It has been beside Daddy Denton's chair for as long as I can remember.
And our baseball player... I thought he was cute and his happiness is certainly shining!
The Cardinals are #1, Mom!
Emmitt and Granddaddy
A shot with the two of them just wasn't happening and I finally gave up. This was the best and is far from good, but a memory indeed. Emmitt was so eager to grab his pumpkin and you can notice Lawson's grip on his neck preventing him from doing so, as well as the serious look of concern on his face!
Two pumpkins will be a must next year... and I expect it to be double fun. Emmitt will be walking (and talking, I am sure!).
Hoping everyone else enjoyed a safe and happy Halloween!
so cute. the 9.99 was worth the puppy costume!
ReplyDeletegreat pictures!! they are so cute! we miss you guys already!! :)
ReplyDeleteThey both look perfect! So cute! Hope you all are fairing well amidst the changes!
ReplyDeleteThanks for your sweet comments, ladies.
ReplyDeleteRach- we miss you guys, too. :( But we WILL visit again soon; you must stop for a visit sometime when you are passing through!!! :) Love you guys.
Amanda- so far so good on the changes. The crazy-busy schedule remains somewhat stressful, but we are surviving. The boys seem to be doing ok. The "change" is obvious in L with regard to a slight struggle, but it is only temporary and I am trying to convince myself that it will pass... Mrs. Jane is trying to convice me, too. :) Hoping "YOU" are well... keep us posted; can hardly wait!!! Love you guys, too.