
Today was the last day of school and my last day at Glenwood Middle School. I am excited to be moving from the middle school world back to the land of elementary children. Next fall, I will be teaching 3rd grade at Delaware Elementary and I am truly looking forward to it! As excited as I am to be returning to my "element", I am also thankful for my time at Glenwood. It has been a life-changing experience and I know that God placed me there for a reason... I wouldn't change it for anything. Number one, being at school all day with adolescents is truly a job in itself. Teaching them is even more of a challenge. Secondly, dealing with a minority population who is extremely oppressed is one of the toughest things I have ever dealt with and was often heartbreaking. My students at Glenwood Middle School are very special to me and were living in a "world" that I could never imagine. Most of them living in generational poverty and typically, there is not an easy way out. I am hopeful that I had a positive impact of some sort that will be beneficial to them as they continue to grow into young adults. I know, without a doubt, that they sincerely knew that I cared for them and loved them.

Thank you, God, for blessing me with the talents to be a teacher, for providing for our family through my job, and for each and every child at Glenwood. I am a better educator and person for teaching at Glenwood Middle School and I pray for the success of the school as a whole and for each child and their families.
So long and farewell, Glenwood Middle School!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for the comment... I love hearing from you!